- The report contains detailed information about Wesco Financial Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wesco Financial Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wesco Financial Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wesco Financial Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wesco Financial Corp. business.
About Wesco Financial Corp.
Wesco Financial Corporation engages in the insurance, furniture rental, and steel service center businesses.
The companys activities fall into three business segments: Insurance, Furniture Rental, and Industrial.
The Insurance segment, through Wesco-Financial Insurance Company (Wes-FIC), engages in the property and casualty insurance business, and through The Kansas Bankers Surety Company (KBS), provides specialized insurance coverages for banks. Its insurance operations are managed by National Indemnity Company (NICO). Wes-FIC is licensed to write direct or primary insurance business in Nebraska, Utah, and Iowa, and may write such insurance in the non-admitted excess and surplus lines market in other states.
KBS writes specialized primary insurance coverage to small and medium-sized banks in the Midwest. Its product line for financial institutions includes policies for crime insurance, check kiting fraud indemnification, Internet banking catastrophe theft insurance, Internet banking privacy liability insurance, directors and officers liability, bank employment practices, and bank insurance agents professional errors and omissions indemnity. KBS is licensed to write business in 29 states.
Furniture Rental Segment
The Furniture Rental segment, through CORT Business Services Corporation (CORT), provides rental furniture, accessories, and related services in the rent-to-rent segment of the furniture industry. CORT rents furniture to corporate and individual customers who desire flexibility in meeting their temporary office, residential or trade show furnishing needs, and who typically do not seek to own such furniture. In addition, CORT sells previously rented furniture through company-owned clearance centers. CORTs network of facilities (in 34 states, the District of Columbia, and the United Kingdom) comprises 90 showrooms, 83 clearance centers, and 92 warehouses, as well as 7 Web sites, including www.cort.com.
CORTs customer base includes primarily fortune 500 companies, small businesses, professionals, and owners and operators of apartment communities. CORT offers various office and home furnishings, including commercial panel systems, televisions, housewares, and accessories.
CORT expanded its operations to the U.K. through the purchase of Roomservice Group, doing business as CORT Business Services UK Ltd., a regional provider of furniture rental and relocation services. CORT provides a nation-wide apartment locator service through its Web site www.apartmentsearch.com and customer call centers.
The Industrial segment comprises Precision Steel Warehouse, Inc.s (Precision Steel) steel service center and industrial supply operations. Precision Steel operates steel service centers in the Chicago and Charlotte metropolitan areas. The service centers buy stainless steel, low carbon sheet and strip steel, coated metals, spring steel, brass, phosphor bronze and other metals, cut these metals to order, and sell them to various customers.
Precision Brand Products, Inc. (Precision Brand), a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Steel that is also located in the Chicago area, manufactures shim stock and other toolroom specialty items, and distributes a line of hose clamps and threaded rod. These products are sold under the Precision Brand and DuPage names nationwide, generally through industrial distributors.
The company's operations also include, through another wholly owned subsidiary, MS Property Company, management of owned commercial real estate in downtown Pasadena, California.
Wesco Financial Corporation was founded in 1925.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wesco Financial Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wesco Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wesco Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wesco Financial Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wesco Financial Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESCO FINANCIAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wesco Financial Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wesco Financial Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wesco Financial Corp. Major Shareholders
Wesco Financial Corp. History
Wesco Financial Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wesco Financial Corp. Offices and Representations
Wesco Financial Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wesco Financial Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wesco Financial Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Wesco Financial Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Wesco Financial Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wesco Financial Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wesco Financial Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wesco Financial Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Wesco Financial Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Wesco Financial Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wesco Financial Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wesco Financial Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?