- The report contains detailed information about Validus Holdings, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Validus Holdings, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Validus Holdings, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Validus Holdings, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Validus Holdings, Ltd. business.
About Validus Holdings, Ltd.
Validus Holdings, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, offers reinsurance and insurance coverage in the property, marine, and specialty lines markets. The companys primary subsidiaries include Validus Reinsurance, Ltd. (Validus Re) and Talbot Holdings, Ltd. (Talbot). It serves in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Caribbean, Japan, and Canada.
The companys segments include Validus Re and Talbot.
Validus Re operates as a provider of short-tail reinsurance products on a global basis. Validus Re concentrates on first-party risks, which are property risks and other reinsurance lines referred to as short-tail in nature due to the brief period between the occurrence and payment of a claim. The company owns IPC Holdings Ltd (IPC). The primary lines in which IPC conducted business were property catastrophe reinsurance and, to a limited extent, property-per-risk excess, aviation (including satellite) and other short-tail reinsurance on a worldwide basis.
Property: Validus Re underwrites property catastrophe reinsurance, property per risk reinsurance and property pro rata reinsurance.
Property catastrophe: Property catastrophe provides reinsurance for insurance companies exposures to an accumulation of property and related losses from separate policies, typically relating to natural disasters or other catastrophic events. Property catastrophe reinsurance is generally written on an excess of loss basis, which provides coverage to primary insurance companies when aggregate claims and claim expenses from a single occurrence from a covered peril exceed a certain amount specified in a particular contract.
Property per risk: Property per risk provides reinsurance for insurance companies excess retention on individual property and related risks, such as highly-valued buildings. Risk excess of loss reinsurance protects insurance companies on their primary insurance risks on a single risk basis. Such property risk coverages are generally written on an excess of loss basis, which provides the reinsured protection beyond a specified amount up to the limit set within the reinsurance contract.
Property pro rata: Property pro rata contracts require that the reinsurer share the premiums, as well as the losses and expenses in an agreed proportion with the cedant.
Marine: Validus Re underwrites reinsurance on marine risks covering damage to or losses of marine vessels and cargo, third-party liability for marine accidents and physical loss and liability from principally offshore energy properties. Validus Re underwrites marine on an excess of loss basis and on a pro rata basis.
Specialty: Validus Re underwrites other lines of business depending on an evaluation of pricing and market conditions, which include aerospace, terrorism, life and accident & health and workers compensation catastrophe. With the exception of the aerospace line of business, the companys other specialty lines are written on an excess of loss basis.
Talbot is a parent of a specialty insurance group primarily operating within the Lloyds of London (Lloyds) insurance market. Talbot writes primarily short-tail lines of business but, as a complement to Validus Re, focuses primarily on insurance, as opposed to reinsurance, risks and on specialty lines where Validus Re has limited or no presence (war, financial institutions, contingency, bloodstock and livestock, accident and health). In addition, Talbot provides the company with access to the Lloyds marketplace where Validus Re does not operate. As a London-based insurer, Talbot also writes the majority of its premiums on risks outside the United States.
Property: The main sub-classes within property are international and North American direct and facultative contracts, lineslips and binding authorities together with a book of business written on a treaty reinsurance basis. The business written is commercial and industrial insurance. The business is short-tail with premiums for reinsurance and, direct and facultative business, substantially earned within 12 months and premiums for lineslips and binding authorities substantially earned within 12 months of the
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Validus Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Validus Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Validus Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Validus Holdings, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Validus Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALIDUS HOLDINGS, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Validus Holdings, Ltd. History
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Validus Holdings, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Validus Holdings, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Validus Holdings, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Validus Holdings, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Validus Holdings, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Validus Holdings, Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?