- The report contains detailed information about Unum Group that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Unum Group. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Unum Group financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Unum Group competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Unum Group business.
About Unum Group
Unum Group provides disability insurance products in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company also provides a complementary portfolio of other insurance products, including long-term care insurance, life insurance, employer- and employee-paid group benefits, and other related services.
The companys principal subsidiaries in the United States are Unum Life Insurance Company of America (Unum America), Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company (Provident), The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company (Paul Revere Life), and Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company, and in the United Kingdom, Unum Limited.
The company has three major business segments, including Unum US, Unum UK, and Colonial Life. Its other segment is the Individual Disability Closed Block segment.
Unum US Segment
The Unum US segment includes group long-term and short-term disability insurance, group life and accidental death and dismemberment products, and supplemental and voluntary lines of business, comprised of individual disability recently issued, group and individual long-term care, and brokerage voluntary benefits products, issued primarily by Unum America, Provident, and Paul Revere Life.
Group Long-term and Short-term Disability: The company sells group long-term and short-term disability products to employers for the benefit of employees. Group long-term disability provides employees with insurance coverage for loss of income in the event of extended work absences due to sickness or injury. The company offers services to employers and insureds to encourage and facilitate rehabilitation, retraining, and re-employment. The company also offers accounts handled on an administrative services only (ASO) basis, with the responsibility for funding claim payments remaining with the customer. Both group long-term and short-term disability are sold primarily on a basis permitting periodic repricing to address the underlying claims experience.
Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Group life and accidental death and dismemberment products are sold to employers as employee benefit products. Group life consists primarily of renewable term life insurance with the coverages frequently linked to employees wages. Accidental death and dismemberment consists primarily of travel accident and other specialty risk products.
Individual Disability Recently Issued: Individual disability is offered primarily to multi-life employer groups, but also on a single-life customer basis. Individual disability insurance provides the insured with a portion of earned income lost as a result of sickness or injury. Under an individual disability policy, monthly benefits are fixed at the time the policy is written. The benefits typically range from 30 percent to 75 percent of the insureds monthly earned income. The company provides various options with respect to length of benefit periods and waiting periods before benefit payments begin, which permits tailoring of the policy to a specific policyholders needs. The company also markets individual disability policies which include payments for the transfer of business ownership between partners and payments for business overhead expenses.
Group and Individual Long-term Care: Long-term care insurance is offered to employers for the benefit of employees and also sold to individuals on a single-life customer basis. Long-term care insurance pays a benefit upon the loss of two or more activities of daily living and the insureds requirement of standby assistance or cognitive impairment. A reimbursement model payment option is also available for individual long-term care policies.
Voluntary Benefits: Voluntary benefits products include individual universal life and interest-sensitive life, individual disability, group and individual critical illness, and individual cancer products. These products are sold to groups of employees through payroll deduction at the workplace. Voluntary benefits products other than life insurance are offered on a guaranteed renewable basis which allows to re-price in-force policies, subject to regulatory approval.
Unum UK Segment
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNUM GROUP COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNUM GROUP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNUM GROUP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNUM GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNUM GROUP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Unum Group Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Unum Group and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Unum Group and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Unum Group Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Unum Group Industry Position Analysis
6. UNUM GROUP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNUM GROUP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNUM GROUP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNUM GROUP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNUM GROUP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNUM GROUP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Unum Group Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Unum Group Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Unum Group Major Shareholders
Unum Group History
Unum Group Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Unum Group Offices and Representations
Unum Group SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Unum Group Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Unum Group Capital Market Snapshot
Unum Group Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Unum Group Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Unum Group Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Unum Group Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Unum Group 1-year Stock Charts
Unum Group 5-year Stock Charts
Unum Group vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Unum Group vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Unum Group Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?