- The report contains detailed information about UIB Group Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UIB Group Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UIB Group Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UIB Group Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UIB Group Limited business.
About UIB Group Limited
UIB Group Limited operates as an insurance brokerage company in China. The company has operations in 32 provincial and municipal branches and 53 sub-branches. Its distribution network reaches approximately 1,800 counties across China. The company services clients of approximately 233,000 educational institutions and approximately 100 million students.
Products and Services
The company markets and distributes insurance products. The insurance products, focused on meeting the insurance needs of its customers, are underwritten by insurance companies in China. In conjunction with distributing these products, including School Liability Insurance, Student Safety Insurance, and Teacher Medical Supplementary Insurance, the company also provides certain insurance-related services to its customers as a value added service. The insurance products UIB distributes, which are primarily underwritten by Peoples Insurance Company (Group) of China (PICC), Ping An Property, China Pacific Property and China Continent Property & Casualty, are as follows:
School Liability Insurance
School Liability Insurance is designed to protect educational institutions against financial claims on physical or financial losses of students, teachers or others caused by negligence of schools. Purchasers of this product are educational institutions. This product provides a guaranteed benefit to schools in the event of death or disability of registered students as a result of an accident due to misconduct or negligence, or a reimbursement of medical expenses to the insured in connection with an accident during the coverage period, which usually is one year. This product requires only a single premium payment for each coverage period. Furthermore, UIB also offers free risk management consulting services to the insured to reduce the school risk profile.
Student Safety Insurance
Student Safety Insurance has a term of one year and provides coverage for injury and illness due to accident and supplementary medical treatment and hospitalization insurance. It also provides additional coverage of medical and hospitalization expenses for those that want to supplement the social welfare coverage. It consists of three or four policies, including Student and Pre-school Child Accident Insurance, Student and Pre-school Child Fixed Term Life Insurance, Student and Pre-school Accident Medical Insurance, and Student and Pre-school Child Hospitalization Insurance. This product requires only a single premium payment for each coverage period. Purchasers of this product are individuals, such as students parents.
Teacher Medical Supplementary Insurance
Teacher Medical Supplementary Insurance has a term of one year and provides faculty and staff additional coverage of medical and hospitalization expenses for those that want to supplement the social welfare coverage. It also covers expenses incurred due to an accident. This product requires only a single premium payment for each coverage period. Purchasers are retired teachers and school staff, who can choose from two sets of coverage.
UIB distributes both standard automobile insurance policies and supplemental policies, which it refers to as riders, to schools, faculty and staff. The standard automobile insurance policies UIB distributes have a term of one year and cover damages caused to the insured vehicle by collision and other traffic accidents, falling or flying objects, fire, explosion and natural disasters. In addition, the typical automobile insurance policies also contain the standard third party liability insurance policies, which cover bodily injury and property damage caused by an accident involving an insured vehicle to a person not in the insured vehicle. The riders cover additional losses, such as liability to passengers, losses arising from vehicle theft and robbery, broken glass and vehicle body scratches.
Other Value-added Services
The company, in addition to the distribution of insurance products, assists its customers in various activities, such as policy term negotiation, damage assessment and claim settlement. The company is the provider of risk management services to 26 provincial and municipal education administrative departments.
The company distributes School Liability Insurance to institutional customers, Student Safety Insurance and Teacher Medical Supplementary Insurance to individual customers, and Vehicle Insurance to both institutional and individual customers. As the only risk management consultant to 26 provincial and municipal education administrative departments, UIB can directly access customers in schools. As of December 31, 2008, UIBs customer base includes approximately 22 million individuals and 233,000 institutions.
The companys competitor is HuaYu Insurance Broker Co., Ltd.
UIB Group Limited was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UIB GROUP LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UIB GROUP LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UIB GROUP LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UIB GROUP LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UIB GROUP LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UIB Group Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UIB Group Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UIB Group Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UIB Group Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UIB Group Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. UIB GROUP LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UIB GROUP LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UIB GROUP LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UIB GROUP LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UIB GROUP LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UIB GROUP LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UIB Group Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UIB Group Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UIB Group Limited Major Shareholders
UIB Group Limited History
UIB Group Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UIB Group Limited Offices and Representations
UIB Group Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UIB Group Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UIB Group Limited Capital Market Snapshot
UIB Group Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
UIB Group Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UIB Group Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UIB Group Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UIB Group Limited 1-year Stock Charts
UIB Group Limited 5-year Stock Charts
UIB Group Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UIB Group Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UIB Group Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?