- The report contains detailed information about Symetra Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Symetra Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Symetra Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Symetra Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Symetra Financial Corporation business.
About Symetra Financial Corporation
Symetra Financial Corporation operates as a life insurance company. The company focuses on selected group health, retirement, life insurance, and employee benefits markets.
The companys segments include Group, Retirement Services, Income Annuities, and Individual.
This segment offers a range of employment-based benefit products and services targeted primarily at employers, unions and public agencies with 50 to 5,000 employees. Groups products include group medical stop-loss insurance sold to employer self-funded health plans; limited benefit medical insurance for employees not able to participate in a traditional health plan, such as part-time, seasonal and temporary workers; group life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance; and disability income products. The company purchases reinsurance coverage to limit its exposure to losses from its group medical stop-loss, life and short-term and long-term disability income products.
The company sells through various types of distributors within the Group segment, including third party administrators, or TPAs, employee benefits brokers, consultants and administrative services only, or ASO, arrangements. ASOs are fully insured carriers that also offer its group medical stop-loss insurance.
The company works with employee benefits brokers, consultants and employers to design benefit plans to meet the employers particular requirements. Its customers primarily are small and mid-size employers that require knowledgeable employee benefits brokers, consultants and insurance company representatives to understand their individual financial needs and employee profiles.
Group Medical Stop-Loss: The companys group medical stop-loss insurance is provided to employer that self-fund their employees health claim costs. Its product helps employers manage health expenses by reimbursing specific claim.
Limited Benefit Medical: The companys limited benefit medical insurance is provided to employers for health coverage to employees not otherwise eligible to participate in traditional plans, such as part-time, seasonal and temporary workers.
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment: The companys group term life insurance product provides benefits in the event of an insured employees death. The death benefit can be based upon an individuals earnings or occupation, or can be fixed at a set dollar amount. The companys products also include optional accidental death and dismemberment coverage as a supplement to its term life insurance policies. This coverage provides benefits for an insured employees loss of life, limb or sight as a result of accidental death or injury.
Disability Income Insurance: The companys group long-term disability income coverage is designed to cover the risk of employee loss of income during prolonged periods of disability. Its group short-term disability income coverage provides partial replacement of an insured employees weekly earnings in the event of disability resulting from an injury or illness.
This segment offers a range of fixed and variable deferred annuities in both the qualified and non-qualified markets. Qualified contracts include IRAs, Roth IRAs, tax-sheltered annuities (marketed to teachers and not-for-profit organizations) and Section 457 plans. The company offers these products to a range of consumers who want to accumulate tax-deferred assets for retirement, desire a source of income during their retirement or seek to protect against outliving their assets during retirement.
The company offers its annuities primarily through financial institutions, broker-dealers, independent agents and financial advisors. It offers various simple variable annuity products.
Fixed Annuities: The company offers fixed single premium and flexible premium deferred annuities that provide for a premium payment at time of issue, an accumulation period and an annuity payout period at future date. Its fixed annuity contracts are supported by its general account, and the accrual of interest is generally on a tax-deferred basis to the owner. The companys fixed a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Symetra Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Symetra Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Symetra Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Symetra Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Symetra Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Symetra Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Symetra Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Symetra Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
Symetra Financial Corporation History
Symetra Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Symetra Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
Symetra Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Symetra Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Symetra Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Symetra Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Symetra Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Symetra Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Symetra Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Symetra Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Symetra Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Symetra Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Symetra Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Symetra Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?