- The report contains detailed information about Summit Life Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Summit Life Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Summit Life Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Summit Life Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Summit Life Corp. business.
About Summit Life Corp.
Summit Life Corporation, an Oklahoma corporation formed in 1994, is an insurance holding company. The Company's primary focus is its life insurance operations. As used in this report, the "Company" refers to Summit Life Corporation and its subsidiary, Great Midwest Life Insurance Company (Great Midwest), unless the context requires otherwise. As of December 31, 2002, the Company had approximately 2,051 life insurance policies and annuity contracts outstanding and individual life insurance in force.
Through its insurance subsidiary, the Company offers a portfolio of permanent and term life products as well as flexible premium and single premium annuities designed to meet the needs of its customers for supplemental retirement income, estate planning and protection from unexpected death. The target niche is middle income individuals, families and small businesses throughout its marketing territory.
The operations performed by the Company include underwriting and policy administration, accounting and financial reporting, marketing, regulatory compliance and asset management.
Fixed Rate Annuities
Annuities are long term savings vehicles that are particularly attractive to customers over the age of 50Through Great Midwest, the Company markets, issues and administers a variety of fixed rate deferred annuity products, including single premium and flexible premium deferred annuities.
Certain of the Company's annuity policies have a bonus crediting rate for the first year of the policy.
Tax Qualified Annuities: The Company also markets to employees of public schools and certain other tax exempt organizations.
Favorable Tax Treatment: Under the Internal Revenue Code (Code), income taxes otherwise payable on investment earnings are deferred on earnings unpaid during the accumulation period of certain life insurance and annuity policies.
Traditional Life Insurance
Term Life: The Company's subsidiary, Great Midwest, offers a low cost 10 year level term life insurance product with level premiums for periods of ten years and an annually renewable level term product which provides for increasing premiums in five year durations, both utilizing a low indeterminate premium structure afforded to it by its primary reinsurance company. The Company generally retains a small fixed portion of the insurance risk, then sells or cedes a portion of its risks to its reinsurer, who in turn pays an additional allowance or commission to the Company. This allows the Company to transfer aportion of its risk and continue to grow its premium revenues and surplus. These term products are designed for and sold to individuals ages 20 through 60 and terminate at age 70.
Whole Life: The Company's subsidiary, Great Midwest, markets low cost guaranteed premium products in which premiums are payable for the life of the insured and insurance protection (upon certain conditions being met) is afforded for the insured's lifetime. The premiums paid for such whole life policies are generally higher than the premiums for comparable amounts of term insurance in the policies early years but is generally lower in the later years of the life of the policies.
Consistent with the general practice of the life insurance industry, the Company's subsidiary reinsures portions of coverage provided by their insurance products with other insurance companies under agreements of indemnity reinsurance.
The Company's target markets are individuals in middle income brackets in addition to small businesses in the states of Texas and Oklahoma.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Summit Life Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Summit Life Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Summit Life Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Summit Life Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Summit Life Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUMMIT LIFE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Summit Life Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Summit Life Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Summit Life Corp. Major Shareholders
Summit Life Corp. History
Summit Life Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Summit Life Corp. Offices and Representations
Summit Life Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Summit Life Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Summit Life Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Summit Life Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Summit Life Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Summit Life Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Summit Life Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Summit Life Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Summit Life Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Summit Life Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Summit Life Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Summit Life Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?