- The report contains detailed information about StanCorp Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for StanCorp Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The StanCorp Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes StanCorp Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. business.
About StanCorp Financial Group Inc.
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and asset management services in the United States.
Standard Insurance Company (Standard): It provides insurance products and services. It underwrites group and individual disability insurance and annuity products, group life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and provides group dental and vision insurance, absence management services and retirement plan products.
The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York is licensed to provide group long term and short term disability, life, AD&D and dental insurance in New York.
Standard Retirement Services, Inc. (Standard Retirement Services) administers and services ourretirement plans group annuity contracts and trust products. Retirement plan products are offered in all 50 states through Standard or Standard Retirement Services.
StanCorp Equities, Inc. (StanCorp Equities) is a limited broker-dealer and member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. StanCorp Equities serves as principal underwriter and distributor for group variable annuity contracts issued by Standard and as the broker of record for certain retirement plans using the trust platform.
StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC (StanCorp Mortgage Investors) originates and services small, fixed-rate commercial mortgage loans for the investment portfolios of the companys insurance subsidiaries.
StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. (StanCorp Investment Advisers) is an investment adviser providing performance analysis, fund selection support, model portfolios and other investment advisory, financial planning and investment management services to its retirement plans clients, and individual investors.
StanCorp Real Estate, LLC is a property management company that owns and manages the companys Hillsboro, Oregon home office properties and other properties and also manages its Portland, Oregon home office properties.
The company operates through two segments, Insurance Services and Asset Management.
Insurance Services Segment
The Insurance Services segment sells group and individual disability insurance, group life and AD&D insurance, group dental and group vision insurance products and absence management services to individuals and employer groups ranging in size from 2 lives to approximately 619,000 lives. The company has approximately 30,000 group insurance policies in force. Through its insurance subsidiaries, the company has the authority to underwrite insurance products in all 50 states.
The companys group insurance products are sold by sales representatives through independent employee benefit brokers and consultants. Its arrangements with brokers include compensation established at the time of sale (commissions or fees), and, in some situations, also include compensation related to the overall performance of a block of business (performance related compensation). Group long term disability insurance provides partial replacement of earnings to insured employees who become disabled for extended periods of time.
The companys basic long term disability product covers disabilities that occur during the policy period at both work and elsewhere. Group life insurance products provide coverage to insured employees for a specified period and have no cash value (amount of cash available to an insured employee on the surrender of, or withdrawal from, the life insurance policy). Coverage is offered to insured employees and their dependents. AD&D insurance is usually provided in conjunction with group life insurance, and is payable after the accidental death or dismemberment of the insured in an amount based on the face amount of the policy or dismemberment schedule.
The companys basic short term disability products generally cover only disabilities occurring outside of work. Short term disability insurance generally requires a short waiting period, ranging from 1 to 30 days, before an insured employee may receive benefits, with maximum benefit periods generally not exceeding 26 weeks. Group short term disability benefits may also be reduced by other income, suc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STANCORP FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. History
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
StanCorp Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?