- The report contains detailed information about Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. business.
About Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
Shin Kong Financial Holding Co., Ltd. operates as an insurance-focused financial services holding company in Taiwan.
The company, through its subsidiaries, offers a range of financial products and services, including life insurance, health and accident insurance, personal and corporate banking, and securities and asset management services, to approximately five million individual and corporate customers in Taiwan.
Shin Kong Life: Shin Kong Life is a life insurance provider in Taiwan. Through its distribution network, Shin Kong Life, markets and sells a range of life insurance products, including traditional whole and term life insurance products, health and accident insurance products, interest-sensitive annuities, and investment-linked products throughout Taiwan. As of March 31, 2009, Shin Kong Life had approximately 5.9 million individual life insurance policies in force.
Shin Kong Bank: Shin Kong Bank provides personal banking services to individuals and corporate banking services to companies of all sizes located in Taiwan through its 108 geographically diversified branches, 619 proprietary ATMs and shared access to ATMs throughout Taiwan, as well as through telephone banking and online banking. As of March 31, 2009, Shin Kong Bank had approximately 2.4 million deposit accounts and approximately 140,000 customers with loan accounts outstanding.
Shin Kong Securities: Shin Kong Securities provides brokerage and securities products and services to individuals, as well as to corporations and institutions. These products and services include securities brokerage, margin trading, underwriting and financial product sales. In addition, Shin Kong Securities is engaged in proprietary trading of equity and fixed-income securities. As of March 31, 2009, Shin Kong Securities had approximately 68,000 customer accounts.
Shin Kong Investment Trust: Shin Kong Investment Trust contributes to the financial management services the company offer to the approximately three million customers of Shin Kong Life, and cross sells products offered by its other subsidiaries. As of March 31, 2009, Shin Kong Investment Trust had approximately 35,000 customer accounts.
Shin Kong Insurance Brokers: Through a brokerage agreement with Shinkong Insurance Co., Ltd., an affiliate of the company, Shin Kong Insurance Brokers distributes a range of property and casualty insurance products offered by Shinkong Insurance Co., Ltd. Shin Kong Insurance Brokers distributes these property and casualty insurance products through the sales agents of Shin Kong Life. The sales agents of Shin Kong Life also market these products as supplements to Shin Kong Lifes own policies.
MasterLink: The company owns 26.3% of MasterLinks ownership interests. MasterLink is a full service securities brokerage firm, providing financial solutions for its institutional and individual clientele. Its primary areas of operations and service comprise of securities brokerage (including margin lending), principal transactions (including equity, bonds, commercial paper and hedging transactions), underwriting and financial products. MasterLink had 44 sales offices with approximately 790 brokers serving approximately 743,000 customers, as of March 31, 2009.
In April 2009, a PRC-based joint venture established by Shin Kong Life and Hainan Airlines Group, an aviation conglomerate in the PRC, commenced operations to market life insurance products developed for the PRC life insurance market.
Shin Kong Life has formed a business alliance with Dai-ichi Mutual Life Insurance Company (Dai-ichi), a life insurance group in Japan, to develop and design life insurance products, and to increase sales of group insurance products. Shin Kong Life also reinsures a portion of its risks through Dai-ichi and entrusts funds to DIAM International Ltd., a joint venture of Dai-ichi, for management and investment.
Shin Kong Life has formed a business alliance with MasterLink, its 26.3% owned subsidiary, for sales of Shin Kong Lifes insurance products.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHINKONG FINANCIAL HOLDING CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. History
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shinkong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?