- The report contains detailed information about Reinsurance Group of America Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Reinsurance Group of America Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Reinsurance Group of America Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Reinsurance Group of America Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Reinsurance Group of America Inc. business.
About Reinsurance Group of America Inc.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated, through its subsidiaries, engages in individual and group life, asset-intensive, critical illness, and financial reinsurance in the United States, Canada, Europe, South Africa, and the Asia Pacific. The company operates through reinsurance agreements that cover a portfolio of life insurance products, including term life, credit life, universal life, whole life, joint and last survivor insurance, critical illness, as well as annuities, financial reinsurance, and direct premiums which include single premium pension annuities, universal life, and group life.
The U.S. operations market traditional life reinsurance, reinsurance of asset-intensive products and financial reinsurance, primarily to large U.S. life insurance companies.
Traditional Reinsurance: The U.S. Traditional sub-segment provides life reinsurance to domestic clients for life products through yearly renewable term agreements, coinsurance, and modified coinsurance. Automatic business, including financial reinsurance treaties, is generated pursuant to treaties which generally require that the underlying policies meet the ceding companys underwriting criteria, although a number of such policies may be rated substandard.
Asset-Intensive Reinsurance: Asset-intensive reinsurance primarily concentrates on the investment risk within underlying annuities and corporate-owned life insurance policies. The company also reinsures certain variable annuity products that contain guaranteed minimum death or living benefits. The company targets financially secure companies as clients for asset-intensive business.
Financial Reinsurance: The companys U.S. Financial Reinsurance sub-segment assists ceding companies in meeting applicable regulatory requirements while enhancing the ceding companies financial strength and regulatory surplus position. The company commits cash or assumes regulatory insurance liabilities from the ceding companies. The company primarily targets insurance companies for financial reinsurance due to the credit risk associated with this business.
Customer Base: The U.S. reinsurance operation markets life reinsurance primarily to the U.S. life insurance companies.
The company operates in Canada primarily through RGA Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary. RGA Canada operates as a life reinsurer in Canada, assisting clients with capital management and mortality and morbidity risk management and is primarily engaged in traditional individual life reinsurance, as well as creditor, critical illness, and group life and health reinsurance. Clients include the life insurers in Canada.
Europe & South Africa Operations
This segment primarily provides life reinsurance to clients located in Europe, mainly in the U.K. and Spain, South Africa, Mexico and India. The principal types of business have been reinsurance of life products through yearly renewable term and coinsurance agreements and the reinsurance of critical illness coverage that provides a benefit in the event of the diagnosis of a pre-defined critical illness. In Spain, the company has business relationships with approximately 50 companies covering both individual and group life business. During 2007, RGA opened a branch office in France and a representative office in Italy to directly assist clients in those markets. In 2008, RGA opened a branch office in Germany to directly assist clients in the region. During 2009, RGA opened a representative office in the Netherlands to directly assist clients in this market.
Asia Pacific Operations
The company has a presence in the Asia Pacific region with licensed branch offices and/or representative offices in Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand and China. The company also established a reinsurance subsidiary in Australia. The principal types of reinsurance for this segment include life, critical illness, disability income, superannuation, and non-traditional reinsurance. Superannuation is the Australian government mandated compulsory retirement savings program. Superannuation funds accumulate retirement funds for employees, and in addition, offer life and disability insurance coverage.
The companys primary competitors in the North American life reinsurance market are the following, or their affiliates: Transamerica Occidental Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Aegon, N.V., Swiss Re Life, Munich Reinsurance Company and Generali Re. Primary competitors in the international life reinsurance markets are Swiss Re Life and Health Ltd., General Re, Munich Reinsurance Company, Hannover Reinsurance and SCOR Global Reinsurance.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated was founded in 1973.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Reinsurance Group of America Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Reinsurance Group of America Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Major Shareholders
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. History
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Offices and Representations
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?