- The report contains detailed information about Prudential plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Prudential plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Prudential plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Prudential plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Prudential plc business.
About Prudential plc
Prudential plc, through its subsidiaries, operates as an international financial services group in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Asia.
Prudential Corporation Asia is a European-based life insurer in Asia with operations in 13 markets covering China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and the United Arab Emirates. Prudential Corporation Asia offers a mix of life insurance with accident and health options, mutual funds and selected personal lines property and casualty insurance with the product range tailored to suit the individual country markets. Its insurance products are distributed mainly through an agency sales-force and complementary bancassurance agreements while the majority of mutual funds are sold through banks and brokers. Its life insurance operations in China and India are conducted through joint ventures in which it holds 50 per cent and 26 per cent, respectively. In addition, in India, Prudential holds 49 per cent of a fund management joint venture with ICICI, in China it has a 49 per cent stake in a funds management joint venture with CITIC, which is called CITIC-Prudential, and in Hong Kong, it holds a 36 per cent stake in a joint venture with Bank of China International for Mandatory Provident Funds (MPF) and mutual funds.
The life insurance products offered by Prudential Corporation Asia include a range of with-profits (participating) and non-participating term, whole life endowment and unit-linked policies. Prudential also offers health, disablement, critical illness and accident cover to supplement its core life products. Prudential's business in Asia is focused on regular premium products that provide both savings and protection benefits.
Prudential Asset Management (PAM) is Prudential Corporation Asia's fund management division responsible for managing Prudential Corporation Asia's life and third party institutional funds, including the Prudential group's investments in the Asia-Pacific region. PAM has offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Prudential's Asian asset management business manages funds for Prudential's Asian and the U.K. Life businesses. It further supports the Asian Life business with the design of funds for investment linked products.
Prudential offers mutual fund investment products in India, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Korea, Vietnam and China, allowing customers to participate in debt, equity and money market investments. It is also licensed in United Arab Emirates.
THE U.S. BUSINESS
In the United States, the company offers a range of products through Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson), including fixed, fixed index and variable annuities; life insurance; guaranteed investment contracts; and funding agreements. It also offers fee-based separately managed accounts and investment products through Curian Capital, LLC, which is Jackson's registered investment advisor channel. The U.S. operations also include PPM America, Prudential's U.S. internal and institutional fund manager, and Prudential's U.S. broker-dealer operations (National Planning Corporation, SII Investments, Inc., IFC Holdings, Inc. and Investment Centers of America, Inc.).
Jackson National Life Insurance Company
Jackson is a provider of retirement income and savings solutions in the mass and mass-affluent segments of the U.S. market, primarily to those planning for retirement or in retirement already. It offers tools that help people plan for their retirement, and manufactures products with specialized features and guarantees to meet customers' needs. Jackson markets its retail products primarily through advice-based distribution channels, including independent agents, independent broker-dealer firms, regional broker-dealers, banks and registered investment advisors. Jackson also markets life insurance and fixed annuity products through its captive insurance agency, which is concentrated in the southeastern United States.
The companys products include fixed annuities, such as Interest-sensitive Annuities, Fixed Index Annuiti
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRUDENTIAL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRUDENTIAL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRUDENTIAL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRUDENTIAL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRUDENTIAL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Prudential plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Prudential plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Prudential plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Prudential plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Prudential plc Industry Position Analysis
6. PRUDENTIAL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRUDENTIAL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRUDENTIAL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRUDENTIAL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRUDENTIAL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRUDENTIAL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Prudential plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Prudential plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Prudential plc Major Shareholders
Prudential plc History
Prudential plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Prudential plc Offices and Representations
Prudential plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Prudential plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Prudential plc Capital Market Snapshot
Prudential plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Prudential plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Prudential plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Prudential plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Prudential plc 1-year Stock Charts
Prudential plc 5-year Stock Charts
Prudential plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Prudential plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Prudential plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?