- The report contains detailed information about Progressive Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Progressive Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Progressive Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Progressive Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Progressive Corp. business.
About Progressive Corp.
The Progressive Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides personal and commercial automobile insurance, and other specialty property-casualty insurance products and related services in the United States. The companys property-casualty insurance products protect its customers against losses due to collision and physical damage to their motor vehicles and uninsured and underinsured bodily injury, and liability to others for personal injury or property damage arising out of the use of those vehicles. Its non-insurance subsidiaries generally support its insurance and investment operations.
The company offers personal and commercial property-casualty insurance products primarily related to motor vehicles. It writes personal auto insurance in all 50 of the United States and in the District of Columbia. It also writes personal auto insurance in Australia and Massachusetts. Its personal auto management group is organized by state into four geographic regions in the United States, plus a region for Australia. It writes the majority of its special lines products in all 50 states.
The companys direct sales and customer service groups, located at call centers in Mayfield Village, Ohio; Austin, Texas; Tampa, Florida; Sacramento, California; Tempe, Arizona; and Colorado Springs, Colorado, support its policy servicing, agency distribution, and claims operations.
The Personal Lines segment writes insurance for personal autos and recreational and other vehicles. This business generally offers approximately one program in a single state, with each program targeted to a specific distribution channel, market, or customer group. The companys specialty personal lines products include insurance for motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, mobile homes, watercraft, snowmobiles, and similar items.
The Personal Lines business is either generated by independent agents and brokers or written directly online or by phone. The Agency business includes business written by its network of approximately 30,000 independent insurance agencies located throughout the United States, as well as brokerages in New York and California. These independent insurance agents and brokers have the ability to place business with the company Progressive for specified insurance coverages within prescribed underwriting guidelines, subject to compliance with company-mandated procedures. The Agency business also writes through strategic alliance business relationships with other insurance companies, financial institutions, and national agencies. The Direct business includes business written directly by the company online and over the phone.
Progressive Home Advantage, its offering which combines a Progressive auto policy with a homeowners or renters policy, underwritten by one of three unaffiliated insurance carriers, is available to agency customers in 41 states and to direct customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia. The company also offers a personal umbrella insurance product in 30 states through certain independent agents and to direct business customers via telephone.
The Commercial Auto business writes primary liability and physical damage insurance for automobiles and trucks owned by small businesses. The majority of its Commercial Auto customers insure three or fewer vehicles. The Commercial Auto business, which is primarily distributed through the independent agency channel, operates in the business auto and specialty truck markets. The business auto market includes autos, vans, and pick-up trucks used by artisans, such as contractors, landscapers, and plumbers, and a variety of other small businesses. The remainder is in the specialty truck commercial auto market, which includes dump trucks, logging trucks, tow trucks, local cartage, and other short-haul commercial vehicles.
Other Indemnity Businesses
The companys other indemnity businesses primarily include writing professional liability insurance for community banks, principally directors and officers liability insurance. The program, sponsored by the American Bankers Association (ABA), insures approximately 1,600 banks, representing every state. In addition, its other indemnity businesses include managing its run-off businesses.
The companys service businesses provide insurance-related services. Its principal service business is providing policy issuance and claims adjusting services for the commercial auto insurance procedures/plans (CAIP), which are state-supervised plans serving the involuntary market in 43 states.
The companys service businesses also include its alliance with three select homeowner insurance companies. Through Progressive Home Advantage, the company acts as an agent to offer new and existing customers home, condo, and renters insurance underwritten by these homeowners insurance companies. This program is available to its Personal Lines customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
The company manages its claims handling on a companywide basis through approximately 370 claims offices located throughout the United States. In addition, it has in operation 54 centers, in 41 metropolitan areas across the country that provide its concierge level claims service.
The Progressive Corporation was founded in 1965.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROGRESSIVE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROGRESSIVE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROGRESSIVE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROGRESSIVE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROGRESSIVE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Progressive Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Progressive Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Progressive Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Progressive Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Progressive Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROGRESSIVE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROGRESSIVE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROGRESSIVE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROGRESSIVE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROGRESSIVE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROGRESSIVE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Progressive Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Progressive Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Progressive Corp. Major Shareholders
Progressive Corp. History
Progressive Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Progressive Corp. Offices and Representations
Progressive Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Progressive Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Progressive Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Progressive Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Progressive Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Progressive Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Progressive Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Progressive Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Progressive Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Progressive Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Progressive Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Progressive Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?