- The report contains detailed information about Old Mutual plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Old Mutual plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Old Mutual plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Old Mutual plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Old Mutual plc business.
About Old Mutual plc
Old Mutual plc provides life assurance, asset management, banking, and general insurance services in North America, Europe, southern Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
U.K. and Offshore
This business provides products that serve the needs of long-term investors in the U.K. and international offshore markets.
Skandia Investment Solutions is an investment platform. This platform gives advisers and their customers access to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs), PEPs, and Collective Investment Accounts, which are provided by Skandia MultiFUNDS Limited. In addition, the platform offers an approved pension wrapper and U.K. and offshore life assurance bonds.
Skandia Investment Management Ltd (SIML) is an asset management company. It provides multimanager funds created by Skandia Investment Group, the part of the Skandia group that specializes in investment research and the construction of multimanager funds.
Skandia International is the companys offshore and cross-border specialist, working in partnership with other Skandia and Old Mutual businesses. It includes Royal Skandia, Skandia Life Ireland, Old Mutual International, and Skandia Leben.
Skandia U.K. focuses on long-term investments. It allows each customer to have a personalized and flexible investment portfolio, suited to their goals and risk appetite. The company provides tools for customers to analyse and construct the portfolio using open-architecture solutions which give access to approximately 1,000 funds from fund management companies, as well as manager-of-managers funds created both in-house and externally. The companys target market in the U.K. is medium- to high-net worth individuals and products are distributed through independent financial advisers (IFAs).
Pensions: The company provides a range of pension wrappers to meet the retirement-planning needs of individuals, employers and trustees. Its pension products offer investment choice in funds where the underlying investments are through third-party fund managers.
Investment bonds: The company offers a single-premium investment bond. As with pensions, the bond offers access to third-party funds and blended investment solutions, all managed by third-party fund managers.
Protection: The company also offers premium protection solutions in the form of a unit-linked whole life product and critical illness cover. Customers include the self-employed and entrepreneurs, as well as customers seeking protection linked to inheritance tax solutions.
Skandia International: Skandia International provides a range of single and regular-premium insurance wrappers designed for private, trustee and corporate investors, local residents in selected markets and expatriates. The business is focused on six geographic regions: Asia, Middle East, the U.K., South Africa, South America, and Europe.
This business operates in Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, offering a range of products for both retail and corporate customers, including traditional life, unit-linked, healthcare insurance, banking, financial advisory, and mutual funds. The companys operations focus on four end-customer groups: Private Sweden, Corporate Sweden, Private Norway, and Corporate Denmark.
Markets and products: The company has a combined Nordic customer base of approximately 2.5 million customers. Its Corporate business operates in Denmark and Sweden, serving small and medium enterprises, large companies, international corporates, and the public sector. It distributes its products through independent financial advisers (IFAs) and other external partners.
Corporate Sweden and Denmark offer products and financial advice from unit-linked, traditional life and healthcare businesses.
The Retail business operates in Norway and Sweden, targeting affluent and mass affluent private customers. This market is served mainly through directly employed advisers, the Internet, and IFAs.
Private Sweden offers savings products and financial advice from banking, unit-linked, mutual funds, and traditional life business. Private Norway offers products and financial advice from bank and healthcare businesses.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OLD MUTUAL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OLD MUTUAL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OLD MUTUAL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OLD MUTUAL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OLD MUTUAL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Old Mutual plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Old Mutual plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Old Mutual plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Old Mutual plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Old Mutual plc Industry Position Analysis
6. OLD MUTUAL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OLD MUTUAL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OLD MUTUAL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OLD MUTUAL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OLD MUTUAL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OLD MUTUAL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Old Mutual plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Old Mutual plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Old Mutual plc Major Shareholders
Old Mutual plc History
Old Mutual plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Old Mutual plc Offices and Representations
Old Mutual plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Old Mutual plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Old Mutual plc Capital Market Snapshot
Old Mutual plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Old Mutual plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Old Mutual plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Old Mutual plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Old Mutual plc 1-year Stock Charts
Old Mutual plc 5-year Stock Charts
Old Mutual plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Old Mutual plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Old Mutual plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?