- The report contains detailed information about Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. business.
About Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a global professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
The company conducts business through three operating segments: Risk and Insurance Services; Consulting; and Risk Consulting and Technology.
RISK AND INSURANCE SERVICES
The Risk and Insurance Services segment includes risk management activities (risk advice, risk transfer and risk control and mitigation solutions), as well as insurance and reinsurance broking and services. The company conducts business in this segment primarily through Marsh, the insurance broker, intermediary, and risk advisor; and Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist.
Marsh delivers risk and insurance services and solutions to its clients. Approximately 23,000 Marsh colleagues provide risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to a range of businesses, government entities, and professional service organizations worldwide in approximately 100 countries.
Insurance Broking and Risk Consulting
In its main insurance broking and risk consulting business, Marsh employs a team approach to address clients risk management and insurance needs. Each client relationship is coordinated by a client executive who draws from various industry and risk specialties with in Marsh to assemble the resources needed to analyze, measure, and assist a client in managing its various risks. Product and service offerings include program design and placement, post-placement program support and administration, claims advocacy, and risk analysis, and risk management consulting services. These include Multinational Client Service, Marsh Risk Consulting, Risk, Specialty and Industry Practices, Bowring Marsh, Consumer Operations, and Marsh & McLennan Agency.
Multinational Client Service: Multinational Client Service (MCS) is focused on delivering service excellence and insurance solutions to multinational clients, irrespective of their size. MCS provides risk management programs with a service platform that comprises a combination of proprietary tools and technology and specialized resources. MCS provides global expertise and an intimate knowledge of local markets, helping clients navigate local regulatory and legal environments and address the worldwide risk issues that confront them.
Marsh Risk Consulting: Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) is a global organization comprising consulting specialists providing clients with advice and solutions across a range of insurable and non-insurable risk issues, such as restructuring, product safety, patient safety, business interruption, supply chain, governance, workforce, and reputation. MRC helps clients identify exposures, assess critical business functions, and evaluate existing risk treatment practices and strategies. MRC provides client services in five main areas of exposure: business/enterprise risk: provides risk modeling and assessments, enterprise risk management, risk management optimization and reputational risk and crisis management; claims and litigation support: provides support and solutions to clients to assist in managing claim portfolios and resolving insured and uninsured losses and disputes of various kinds, as well as calculating losses and asset valuations; operational risk management: provides an integrated approach to managing and optimizing the impact of operational risks, such as those associated with property (including natural hazards), supply chain, business continuity, and products (including recalls); human capital: assists in protecting the quality of clients operational processes and the health and safety of their employees, focusing on issues, such as absenteeism, safety and ergonomic programs and employment practices; and risk technologies: provides services to help clients manage, collect, analyze, and report on the data and workflow associated with risk, insurance, claims and legal matters with in their organizations.
Risk, Specialty and Industry Practices: Marsh provides consultative advice, brokerage, and claims advocacy
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. History
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?