- The report contains detailed information about Manulife Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Manulife Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Manulife Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Manulife Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Manulife Financial Corporation business.
About Manulife Financial Corporation
Manulife Financial Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a life insurance company. The company provides a range of financial products and services, including individual life insurance, group life and health insurance, long-term care insurance, pension products, annuities and mutual funds, to individual and group customers in the United States, Canada, and Asia. The company also offers reinsurance services, primarily life and property and casualty retrocession, and provides investment management services with respect to the Companys general fund and segregated fund assets and to mutual funds and institutional customers.
The companys segments are U.S. Insurance and U.S. Wealth Management, which combine to form the U.S. Division, as well as the Canadian, Asia, and Japan; and Reinsurance Divisions.
Protection (U.S. Insurance, Canadian, Asia, and Japan Divisions): This segment offers various individual life insurance and individual and group long-term care insurance. Products are distributed through multiple distribution channels, including insurance agents, brokers, banks, financial planners, and direct marketing.
Wealth Management (U.S. Wealth, Canadian, Asia and Japan Divisions): This segment offers annuities, pension contracts, and mutual fund products and services. These businesses also offer a variety of retirement products to group benefit plans. Annuity contracts provide non-guaranteed, partially guaranteed, and fully guaranteed investment options through general and separate account products. The Canadian Wealth Management business also includes Manulife Bank, which offers a variety of deposit and credit products to Canadian customers. These businesses distribute products through multiple distribution channels, including insurance agents and brokers affiliated with the Company, securities brokerage firms, financial planners, pension plan sponsors, pension plan consultants, and banks.
Reinsurance: This segment offers life and property and casualty retrocession coverage, and international employee benefits management services. Manulife Financial writes reinsurance business in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Division has offices in Canada, the United States, Germany, Belgium, Barbados, Singapore, and Japan.
The company's U.S. Insurance operation provides life and long-term care insurance products and services to select markets. John Hancock Life (Life) focuses on emerging markets by providing estate and business planning and other solutions, with protection and accumulation-oriented life insurance products. John Hancock Long-Term Care (LTC) offers a portfolio of individual and group products designed for the middle income to affluent markets, as well as small and large employers. The company's long-term care products cover the cost of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in long-term care facilities, in addition to providing care advisory services and provider discounts. The company distributes its life and long-term care insurance products through a multi-channel network, including John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN), a national network of independent career agencies consisted of approximately 1,900 financial representatives across the U.S., offering insurance and wealth management solutions to individuals, families, and businesses.
U.S. Wealth Management
U.S. Wealth Management offers a range of personal and family oriented wealth management products and services focused on individuals and business markets, as well as institutional oriented products for employee benefit plan funding solutions.
John Hancock Wealth Asset Management (Wealth Asset Management): John Hancock Wealth Asset Management consists of John Hancock Retirement Plan Services (Retirement Plan Services) and John Hancock Mutual Funds (Mutual Funds) operations. Retirement Plan Services provides 401(k) plans to small and medium-sized businesses. Mutual Funds offers mutual funds, privately managed accounts, and 529 College Savings plans.
John Hancock Variable Annuities (Variable Annuities): Variable Annuities offers variable annuity products sold
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Manulife Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Manulife Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Manulife Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Manulife Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Manulife Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Manulife Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Manulife Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Manulife Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
Manulife Financial Corporation History
Manulife Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Manulife Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
Manulife Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Manulife Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Manulife Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Manulife Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Manulife Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Manulife Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Manulife Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Manulife Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Manulife Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Manulife Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Manulife Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Manulife Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?