- The report contains detailed information about Lincoln National Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lincoln National Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lincoln National Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lincoln National Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lincoln National Corp. business.
About Lincoln National Corp.
Lincoln National Corporation, a holding company, operates multiple insurance and investment management businesses. Through its business segments, the company sells a range of wealth protection, accumulation, and retirement income products and solutions. The companys products include fixed and indexed annuities, variable annuities, universal life insurance (UL), variable universal life insurance (VUL), linked-benefit UL, term life insurance, mutual funds, and group life insurance.
The companys operating businesses are divided into two operating businesses Retirement Solutions and Insurance Solutions.
The Retirement Solutions business, with principal operations in Radnor, Pennsylvania; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Hartford, Connecticut; and Greensboro, North Carolina and additional operations in Concord, New Hampshire and Arlington Heights, Illinois, provides its products through two segments: Annuities and Defined Contribution. Products for both segments are distributed through a range of intermediaries, including both affiliated and unaffiliated channels including advisors, consultants, brokers, banks and wirehouses.
Retirement Solutions Annuities
The Annuities segment provides tax-deferred growth and lifetime income opportunities for its clients by offering fixed and variable annuities. The Annuities segment offers non-qualified and qualified fixed and variable annuities to individuals.
A variable annuity provides the contract holder the ability to direct the investment of premium deposits into one or more sub-accounts offered through the product (variable portion) or into a fixed account with a guaranteed return (fixed portion). The underlying assets of the sub-accounts are managed with in a special insurance series of mutual funds. The company offers A-share, B-share, C-share, L-share, and bonus variable annuities.
The company offers guaranteed benefit riders with certain of its variable annuity products, such as a guaranteed death benefit (GDB), a guaranteed withdrawal benefit (GWB), a guaranteed income benefit (GIB) and a combination of such benefits. Most of its variable annuity products also offer the choice of a fixed option that provides for guaranteed interest credited to the account value.
The GDB features offered include those where the company contractually guarantee to the contract holder that upon death, the company would return no less than: the total deposits made to the contract, adjusted to reflect any partial withdrawals; the total deposits made to the contract, adjusted to reflect any partial withdrawals, plus a minimum return; or the highest contract value on a specified anniversary date adjusted to reflect any partial withdrawals following the contract anniversary.
The Lincoln SmartSecurity Advantage benefit is a GWB rider that offers the contract holder a guarantee equal to the initial deposit (or contract value, if elected after issue), adjusted for any subsequent purchase payments or withdrawals. There are two elective step-up options: a one-year option and a five-year option.
The company offers other product riders including i4LIFE Advantage and 4LATER Advantage. GIB is an optional feature available with i4LIFE Advantage that guarantees regular income payments would not fall below 75% of the highest income payment on a specified anniversary date. 4LATER Advantage provides a minimum income base used to determine the GIB floor when a client begins income payments under i4LIFE Advantage. The income base is equal to the initial deposit and increases by 15% every three years.
The Lincoln Lifetime Income Advantage and Lincoln Lifetime Income Advantage Plus are hybrid benefit riders combining aspects of GWB and GIB. Both benefit riders allow the contract holder the ability to take income at a maximum rate of 5% of the guaranteed amount when they are above the lifetime income age or income through i4LIFE Advantage with the GIB.
The company offers single and flexible premium fixed deferred annuities to the individual annuities market. Single premium fixed deferred annuities are contrac
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lincoln National Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lincoln National Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lincoln National Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lincoln National Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lincoln National Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lincoln National Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lincoln National Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lincoln National Corp. Major Shareholders
Lincoln National Corp. History
Lincoln National Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lincoln National Corp. Offices and Representations
Lincoln National Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lincoln National Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lincoln National Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Lincoln National Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Lincoln National Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lincoln National Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lincoln National Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lincoln National Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Lincoln National Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Lincoln National Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lincoln National Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lincoln National Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?