- The report contains detailed information about Aviva plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aviva plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aviva plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aviva plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aviva plc business.
About Aviva plc
Aviva plc, an insurance company, provides a portfolio of life and pensions, general insurance, health insurance, and asset management products and services primarily in the United Kingdom, Europe, North America, and the Asia Pacific.
Long-term Insurance and Savings Business
The companys long-term insurance and savings businesses offer a range of life insurance and asset accumulation products.
Pensions: The companys pension products include personal and group pensions, stakeholder pensions and income drawdown.
Annuities: It is a type of policy that pays out regular amounts of benefit, either immediately and for the remainder of a persons lifetime, or deferred to commence from a future date.
Protection: The companys product ranges include term assurance, mortgage life insurance, flexible whole life, and critical illness cover.
Bonds and Savings: The companys product ranges include single premium investment bonds, regular premium savings plans, mortgage endowment products and funding agreements.
Other: The companys products include equity release and structured settlements. Its investment sales include retail sales of mutual fund type products such as unit trusts, individual savings accounts (ISAs) and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs).
General Insurance and Health
The companys general insurance business operates under various brand names, with Aviva and the RAC in the United Kingdom, Delta Lloyd in the Netherlands and Aviva Commercial Union in Poland. Its other general insurance operations in Europe, Canada, and the Asia Pacific operate under the Aviva brand.
The companys general insurance business focuses on personal lines and commercial lines insurance (specifically, the needs of small and medium businesses) through the provision of motor, household, travel, creditor, commercial liability and commercial property coverage. Its health insurance business concentrates on private health insurance, income protection and personal accident insurance, as well as a range of corporate healthcare products.
The fund management businesses manage the funds of Avivas general insurance and long-term insurance and savings operations and provide investment management for institutional pension funds, as well as developing and selling retail investment products. The companys main brand for fund management is Aviva Investors. The main fund management operations are in the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Ireland, the United States, and Australia.
The companys business in the U.K. manages investments, including equities, fixed income, property, hedge fund and socially responsible investments (SRIs) on behalf of institutional, pension fund and retail clients. It also sells retail ISAs, unit trusts, OEICs and structured products under the Aviva Investors and the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBSG) brands.
United Kingdom Aviva Life
The company provides long-term insurance and savings in the United Kingdom. Its main operations are based in York and it has a significant presence in Norwich, Eastleigh, Bristol, and Sheffield. The company also has outsourcing relationships with various partners, including Swiss Re, Scottish Friendly, and International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the United Kingdom, and WNS in India.
The company provides a range in the U.K. that covers pensions, annuities, protection, bonds and savings and equity release products, as well as investment products. It writes both non-profits and with-profit business. The company provides various traditional life insurance products, including level-term, decreasing-term and guaranteed whole life insurance, guaranteed lifelong protection plans and critical illness cover products. Its savings and investment products include ISAs, investment bonds, funds, base rate trackers, capital protected plan, and with-profits products.
The pensions and retirement products the company offers include personal pensions, equity release, annuities, income drawdown, and with-profits products. Its annuity offerings include immediate life, enhanced, and with-profit pension annuities.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVIVA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVIVA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVIVA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVIVA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVIVA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aviva plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aviva plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aviva plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aviva plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aviva plc Industry Position Analysis
6. AVIVA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVIVA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVIVA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVIVA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVIVA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVIVA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aviva plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aviva plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aviva plc Major Shareholders
Aviva plc History
Aviva plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aviva plc Offices and Representations
Aviva plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aviva plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aviva plc Capital Market Snapshot
Aviva plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Aviva plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aviva plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aviva plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aviva plc 1-year Stock Charts
Aviva plc 5-year Stock Charts
Aviva plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aviva plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aviva plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?