- The report contains detailed information about Independence Holding Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Independence Holding Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Independence Holding Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Independence Holding Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Independence Holding Co. business.
About Independence Holding Co.
Independence Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the life and health insurance business in the United States, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
The company provides specialized life and health coverages and related services to commercial customers and individuals. It focuses on niche products and/or narrowly defined distribution channels in the United States. The companys wholly owned insurance company subsidiaries, Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (Standard Security Life) and Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. (Madison National Life), market their products through independent and affiliated brokers, producers and agents. The company also owns a 50% equity interest in American Independence Corp., which owns Independence American Insurance Company (Independence American) and various managing general underwriters (MGUs) and controlling interests in two agencies. Independence American also distributes through these sources, as well as to consumers through a dedicated controlled distribution.
The company is a writer of excess or stop-loss insurance for self-insured employer groups that desire to manage the risk of large medical claims (employer medical stop-loss). It also writes excess policies for providers, managed care organizations, including provider hospital organizations, hospital groups, physician groups, and individual practice associations (collectively, MCOs) that have assumed risk and desire to reduce their claim volatility (provider excess loss) and for health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that desire to reduce their claim volatility (HMO Reinsurance). Employer medical stop-loss, provider excess loss, and HMO reinsurance are collectively referred to as medical stop-loss. Employer Medical Stop-Loss insurance provides coverage to public and private entities that elect to self-insure their employees' medical coverage for losses within specified ranges, which permits such groups to manage the risk of excessive health insurance costs by limiting specific and aggregate losses to predetermined amounts.
Fully Insured Health Products
Group Major Medical
The company sells group major medical insurance (including consumer driven health plans (CDHPs)) primarily to small employers (2 to 50 covered lives). It is fully insured major medical coverage that is principally designed to work with health reimbursement accounts (HRA) and health savings accounts (HSA) which are implemented by employers that wish to provide this benefit as part of an employee welfare benefit plan. These plans are offered primarily as preferred provider organizations (PPO) plans, and provide various cost-sharing options, including deductibles, coinsurance, and co-payment. CDHPs are designed to provide participants with economic incentives to be informed consumers of healthcare. In addition to small group, the company offers a group medical plan to employers (small and large) who are contractors working on government-funded projects under the Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Acts.
The company sells individual major medical STM products. STM is designed specifically for people with transient needs for health coverage. STM products are written as major medical coverage with a defined duration, which is normally 12 months or less. Among the purchasers of STM products are self-employed professionals, college graduates, persons between jobs, employed individuals not eligible for group insurance, and others who need insurance for a specified period of time.
The company offers group dental products. GroupLink Inc. administers the majority of its dental business and is also the primary distribution source of this line of business. The dental portfolio includes indemnity and PPO plans for employer groups of two or more lives and for individuals within affinity groups. Employer plans are offered on both employer paid and employee voluntary basis. As part of the distribution of its dental products, the company typically also offers vision, group life and short-term disability benefits.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Independence Holding Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Independence Holding Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Independence Holding Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Independence Holding Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Independence Holding Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Independence Holding Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Independence Holding Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Independence Holding Co. Major Shareholders
Independence Holding Co. History
Independence Holding Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Independence Holding Co. Offices and Representations
Independence Holding Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Independence Holding Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Independence Holding Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Independence Holding Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Independence Holding Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Independence Holding Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Independence Holding Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Independence Holding Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Holding Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Independence Holding Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Independence Holding Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Holding Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?