- The report contains detailed information about Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. business.
About Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., an insurance and financial services company, provides investment products, individual life, group life and group disability insurance products, and property and casualty insurance products in the United States of America.
The company maintains a retail mutual fund operation, whereby the company, through wholly-owned subsidiaries, provides investment management and administrative services to series of The Hartford Mutual Funds, Inc.; The Hartford Mutual Funds II, Inc.; and The Hartford Income Shares Fund, Inc. (collectively, mutual funds), consisting of 52 mutual funds and 1 closed-end fund, as of December 31, 2009.
The company is organized into two major operations, Life; and Property & Casualty.
Life is organized into six reporting segments, Retail Products Group (Retail), Individual Life, Group Benefits, Retirement Plans, International, and Institutional Solutions Group (Institutional).
Life Principal Products
Retail provides variable and fixed individual annuities with living and death benefit guarantees, mutual funds and 529 plans in the United States. In October 2009, the company launched a new variable annuity product designed to meet customer needs for growth and income within the risk tolerances of The Hartford.
Individual Life provides variable universal life, universal life, interest sensitive whole life and term life insurance products to affluent, emerging affluent and business life insurance clients.
Group Benefits provides group life, accident and disability coverage, group retiree health and voluntary benefits to individual members of employer groups, associations, affinity groups and financial institutions. Group Benefits offers disability underwriting, administration, claims processing services and reinsurance to other insurers and self-funded employer plans. Policies are typically sold with one-, two- or three-year rate guarantees depending upon the product.
Retirement Plans provides retirement products and services, including asset management and plan administration, to small and medium-size corporations pursuant to Section 401(k) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (401(k)). Retirement also provides retirement products and services, including asset management and plan administration, to municipalities and not-for-profit organizations pursuant to Section 457 and 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (457 and 403(b)).
International, with operations in Japan, Brazil, Ireland, Canada, and the United Kingdom, provides investments, retirement savings, and other insurance and savings products to individuals and groups outside the United States.
Institutional manages private placement life insurance (PPLI), mutual funds, income annuities, and certain institutional annuities.
Property & Casualty Segments
Property & Casualty is organized into five reporting segments: the underwriting segments of Personal Lines, Small Commercial, Middle Market, Specialty Commercial, and the Other Operations segment.
Property & Casualty Principal Products
Property & Casualty provides workers compensation, property, automobile, liability, umbrella, specialty casualty, marine, livestock and fidelity and surety coverages to commercial accounts primarily throughout the United States; professional liability coverage and directors and officers liability coverage; automobile, homeowners, and home-based business coverage to individuals throughout the United States; and insurance-related services.
Personal Lines provides standard automobile, homeowners, and home-based business coverages to individuals across the United States, including a special program designed for members of AARP. Personal Lines also operates a member contact center for health insurance products offered through the AARP Health program.
Small Commercial and Middle Market provide workers compensation, property, automobile, liability and umbrella coverages under different products, primarily throughout the United States. In Small Commercial, these coverages are sold together as part of a single multi-peril package policy called Spectrum.
Specialty Commercial offers various customized insurance products and risk management services. Specialty Commercial provides standard commercial insurance products, including workers compensation, automobile and liability coverages to large-sized companies. Specialty Commercial also provides professional liability, fidelity, surety and specialty casualty coverages. A significant portion of specialty casualty business, including workers compensation business, is written through deductible programs where the insured typically provides collateral to support loss payments made within their deductible. The specialty casualty business also provides retrospectively-rated programs where the premiums are adjustable based on loss experience. Captive and Specialty Programs within Specialty Commercial, provides insurance products and services primarily to captive insurance companies, pools and self-insurance groups. In addition, Specialty Commercial provides third-party administrator services for claims administration, integrated benefits and loss control through Specialty Risk Services, LLC, a subsidiary of the company.
The Other Operations segment manages claims (and the associated reserves) related to asbestos, environmental, and other exposures.
In 2009, the company acquired Federal Trust Corporation, a thrift holding company.
On September 16, 2010, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has launched a division in its southwest regional office in Dallas to provide property/casualty insurance and services to the renewable energy industry.
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. was founded in 1810.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. History
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?