- The report contains detailed information about The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Hanover Insurance Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. business.
About The Hanover Insurance Group Inc.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance products and services.
Property and Casualty Segment
The Property and Casualty Segment manages its operations principally through three segments, including Personal Lines, Commercial Lines and Other Property and Casualty. It underwrites personal and commercial property and casualty insurance through The Hanover Insurance Company (Hanover Insurance) and Citizens Insurance Company of America (Citizens), and other The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (THG subsidiaries, primarily through an independent agent network concentrated in the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest United States.
The company's Personal Lines coverages include Personal automobile coverage, Homeowners coverage, and Other personal lines.
Personal automobile coverage insures individuals against losses incurred from personal bodily injury, bodily injury to third parties, property damage to an insureds vehicle, and property damage to other vehicles and other property.
Homeowners coverage insures individuals for losses to their residences and personal property, such as those caused by fire, wind, hail, water damage (except for flooding), theft and vandalism, and against third party liability claims. The companys homeowners product, Connections Home, is available in 16 states. Other personal lines consist of personal inland marine, umbrella, fire, personal watercraft, earthquake and other miscellaneous coverages.
Avenues: The companys commercial lines product suite provides agents and customers with products designed for small, middle, and specialized markets.
Commercial Lines coverages consist of commercial multiple peril; commercial automobile; workers compensation; and other commercial lines.
Commercial multiple peril coverage insures businesses against third party liability from accidents occurring on their premises or arising out of their operations, such as injuries sustained from products sold. It also insures business property for damage, such as that caused by fire, wind, hail, water damage (except for flooding), theft and vandalism.
Commercial automobile coverage insures businesses against losses incurred from personal bodily injury, bodily injury to third parties, property damage to an insureds vehicle, and property damage to other vehicles and other property.
Workers compensation coverage insures employers against employee medical and indemnity claims resulting from injuries related to work. Workers compensation policies are often written in conjunction with other commercial policies.
Other commercial lines consist of inland marine, which insures businesses against physical losses to property, such as contractors equipment, builders risk and goods in transit. It also includes bonds, which provides businesses with contract surety coverage in the event of performance or payment claims, and commercial surety coverage related to fiduciary or regulatory obligations. The company also offers, through AIX Holdings, Inc. (AIX), underwriting and managing of program business, including to under-served markets where there are specialty coverage or risk management needs. Other commercial lines coverages also include umbrella, general liability, fire, specialty property, and professional and management liability.
Other Property and Casualty
The Other Property and Casualty segment consists of Opus Investment Management, Inc. (Opus), which provides investment advisory services to affiliates and also manages assets for unaffiliated institutions, such as insurance companies, retirement plans and foundations; earnings on holding company assets; and voluntary pools business.
The company's personal lines competitors are AAA Auto Club of Michigan, State Farm Group, and Auto Owners Insurance Group.
In 2009, the company sold its remaining life insurance subsidiary, First Allmerica Financial Life Insurance Company to Commonwealth Annuity and Life Insurance Company.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. was founded in 1844.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Major Shareholders
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. History
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Offices and Representations
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?