- The report contains detailed information about First Mercury Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First Mercury Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First Mercury Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First Mercury Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First Mercury Financial Corporation business.
About First Mercury Financial Corporation
First Mercury Financial Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides insurance products and services to the specialty commercial insurance markets.
The company's principal operating subsidiaries are CoverX Corporation (CoverX), First Mercury Insurance Company (FMIC), First Mercury Casualty Company (FMCC), First Mercury Emerald Insurance Services, Inc. (FM Emerald), American Management Corporation (AMC), and American Underwriters Insurance Company (AUIC).
The companys CoverX and FM Emerald subsidiaries are licensed wholesale insurance brokers that market, produce, and bind the insurance policies for which the company retains risk and receives premiums. As wholesale insurance brokers, CoverX and FM Emerald market its insurance policies through a nationwide network of wholesale and retail insurance brokers who then distribute these policies through retail insurance brokers. In addition, CoverX markets a portion of its products through contract underwriters. CoverX and FM Emerald also provide underwriting services with respect to the insurance policies they market in that they review the applications submitted for insurance coverage, decide whether to accept all or part of the coverage requested and determine applicable premiums based on guidelines that the company provide. The company participates in the risk on insurance policies sold through CoverX and FM Emerald.
INSURANCE UNDERWRITING OPERATIONS
The company underwrites and provides various classes of general liability insurance for the security industry, including security guards and detectives, alarm installation and service businesses, and safety equipment installation and service businesses. For security classes, the company focuses on underwriting small and mid-sized accounts. As of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 9,800 policies in force for security classes.
Security guards and detectives: The company provides coverages for security guards, patrol agency personnel, armored car units, private investigators, and detectives.
Alarm installation and service businesses: The company provides coverages for security alarm manufacturers and technicians. Coverages are available for sales, service, and installation of residential and commercial alarm systems, as well as alarm monitoring.
Safety equipment installation and service businesses: The company also provides coverages for fire suppression companies. Coverages are available for sales, service and installation of fire extinguishers and sprinkler and chemical systems, both on residential and commercial systems.
The company has underwritten various specialty classes of insurance at different points throughout its history. It provides general liability insurance for specialty classes consisting primarily of contractor classes of business, including roofing contractors, plumbing contractors, electrical contractors, energy contractors, and other artisan and service contractors.
Contract Underwriting Classes
The company has underwritten various classes of insurance through contract underwriters, also commonly referred to as managing general agents or managing general underwriters. The company provides liability and property insurance for the contract underwriting classes consisting primarily of legal and miscellaneous professional liability, hospitality, employer general liability, habitational, and outdoor recreation and other classes of business.
The company has underwritten various classes of insurance produced by FM Emerald. FM Emerald markets, produces and services excess and surplus (E&S) risks. FM Emerald targets a mix of primary casualty, excess/umbrella casualty, and property lines of business for hard to place risks and/or distressed businesses.
The company has underwritten various other classes of business. These other classes included miscellaneous professional liability, non-standard auto coverages, and hospitality business.
INSURANCE SERVICES OPERATIONS
The companys insurance services business provides underwriting, claims, and other insurance services to third parties, including insurance carriers and customers. These insurance services operations are primarily conducted through AMC and CoverX.
The companys primary competitors with respect to security classes are managing general agents (MGAs) supported by various insurance or reinsurance partners. These MGAs include All Risks, Ltd.; Brownyard Group; Brownyard Programs, Ltd.; Costanza Insurance Agency; Mechanics Group; RISC; and RelMark Program Managers. The company also faces competition from U.S. and non-U.S. insurers, including Chartis, a subsidiary of American International Group, Inc., (Lexington Insurance Company) and The Philadelphia Insurance Companies in the security guard class; The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and The Philadelphia Insurance Companies in the alarm class; and Travelers, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and West Bend Mutual in the safety class.
The companys primary competitors with respect to specialty classes tend to be E&S lines insurance carriers, such as W.R. Berkley Corp. (Admiral Insurance Company); Argonaut Group (Colony Insurance Company); RLI Corp; Chartis, a subsidiary of American International Group, Inc. (Lexington Insurance Company); and International Financial Group, Inc. (Burlington Insurance Co.).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First Mercury Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First Mercury Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First Mercury Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First Mercury Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First Mercury Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST MERCURY FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
First Mercury Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First Mercury Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First Mercury Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
First Mercury Financial Corporation History
First Mercury Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First Mercury Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
First Mercury Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First Mercury Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First Mercury Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
First Mercury Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
First Mercury Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First Mercury Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
First Mercury Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First Mercury Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
First Mercury Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
First Mercury Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First Mercury Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First Mercury Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?