- The report contains detailed information about FBL Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FBL Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FBL Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FBL Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FBL Financial Group Inc. business.
About FBL Financial Group Inc.
FBL Financial Group, Inc. sells individual life and annuity products principally under the consumer brand names, including Farm Bureau Financial Services and EquiTrust Financial Services. The companys brand identities are represented by the distribution channels of its subsidiaries, Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company (Farm Bureau Life) and EquiTrust Life Insurance Company (EquiTrust Life).
As of December 31, 2009, its Farm Bureau Life distribution channel consisted of 2,020 agents and agency managers. Its agents and agency managers sell its products in the Midwestern and western sections of the United States. As of December 31, 2009, its EquiTrust Life independent distribution channel consisted of 20,195 independent agents. The agents sell its products in all states except New York and also in the District of Columbia.
The company's other subsidiaries support various functional areas and affiliates by providing investment advisory, marketing and distribution, and leasing services. In addition, the company manages various aspects of two Farm Bureau affiliated property-casualty insurance companies (Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company and Western Agricultural Insurance Company) which operate predominately in eight states in the Midwest and West.
The company has four product segments: Traditional Annuity - Exclusive Distribution (Exclusive Annuity); Traditional Annuity - Independent Distribution (Independent Annuity); Traditional and Universal Life Insurance; and Variable. The company also has various support operations that are aggregated into Other segment.
Traditional Annuity - Exclusive Annuity Segment
The Traditional Annuity - Exclusive Annuity segment sells various traditional annuity products through its agency force. This segment primarily consists of fixed rate annuities and supplementary contracts (which involve life contingencies). Traditional annuities provide for tax-deferred savings and supplementary contracts provide for the repayment of funds that accumulate interest.
Fixed Rate Annuities: The company offers annuities that are marketed to individuals in anticipation of retirement. It offers traditional annuities principally in the form of single premium immediate annuities (SPDA) and flexible premium deferred annuities (FPDA) that allow policyholders to make contributions over various periods. In addition to FPDAs, it also markets SPDA and single premium immediate annuity (SPIA) products which feature a single premium paid when the contract is issued.
Traditional Annuity - Independent Distribution Segment
The Traditional Annuity - Independent Distribution segment consists of fixed rate annuities, supplementary contracts (which involve life contingencies), and index annuities sold by its independent agents or assumed through coinsurance agreements.
The companys EquiTrust Life independent channel offers various fixed rate and index annuities. These products are available to individuals who are seeking to accumulate tax-deferred savings for retirement or other purposes. Majority of the annuity plans can be sold to customers up to age 80.
Index Annuities: The company's majority of annuities in this segment are index annuities. With an index annuity, the policyholder may choose from a traditional fixed rate strategy or an index strategy. Certain index annuities sold through the EquiTrust Life independent distribution are bonus products. For its direct business, the company purchases one-year or two-year call options on the applicable market indices to fund the index credits due to the index annuity contract holders. The company also assumes call options from American Equity to fund the majority of index credits on the coinsured index annuity contracts.
Fixed Rate Annuities: The company sells multi-year guaranteed annuities (MYGAs) that include guarantees of the annual crediting rate primarily for 5-year, 6-year, 8-year, or 10-year periods, and the company offers SPIA and FPDA products. The company coinsures FPDA and SPDA products with characteristics which are generally similar to the products offered directly through the Exclusive Annuity segment. Certai
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FBL Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FBL Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FBL Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FBL Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FBL Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FBL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FBL Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FBL Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FBL Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
FBL Financial Group Inc. History
FBL Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FBL Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
FBL Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FBL Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FBL Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FBL Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
FBL Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FBL Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FBL Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FBL Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FBL Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FBL Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FBL Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FBL Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?