- The report contains detailed information about Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited business.
About Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management businesses in the United States.
Northbridge Financial Corporation (Northbridge): Northbridge is a national commercial property and casualty insurer in Canada providing property and casualty insurance products through its Commonwealth, Federated, Lombard and Markel subsidiaries, primarily in the Canadian market and in selected United States and international markets.
Crum & Forster Holdings Corp. (Crum & Forster): Crum & Forster is a national commercial property and casualty insurance company in the United States writing a range of commercial coverages. Its subsidiary, Seneca Insurance, provides property and casualty insurance to small businesses and certain specialty coverages.
Fairfax Asia: Included in the Fairfax Asia reporting segment are the companys operations that underwrite insurance and reinsurance coverages in Singapore (First Capital Insurance Limited) and Hong Kong (Falcon Insurance Company Limited). Fairfax Asia includes the companys 26.0% equity accounted interest in Mumbai-based ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited and its 40.5% equity accounted interest in Thailand (Falcon Insurance PLC).
Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. (OdysseyRe): OdysseyRe underwrites reinsurance, providing a range of property and casualty products on a worldwide basis, and underwrites specialty insurance, primarily in the United States and in the United Kingdom directly and through the Lloyds of London marketplace.
Other: This reporting segment consists of Group Re and Advent Capital (Holdings) PLC (Advent). Group Re participates in the reinsurance of Fairfaxs subsidiaries by quota share or through participation in those subsidiaries third party reinsurance programs on the same terms as third party reinsurers through CRC (Bermuda) Reinsurance Limited (Canadian business) and Wentworth Insurance Company Ltd. (international business). Group Re also writes third party business. Advent is a reinsurance and insurance company, operating through Syndicate 780 at Lloyds, focused on specialty property reinsurance and insurance risks. Polskie Towarzystwo Reasekuracji Spólka Akcyjna (Polish Re) is included in the Reinsurance. Polish Re is a Polish reinsurance company.
The Runoff Segment consist of nSpire Re Limited (nSpire Re) (which reinsures the U.K. and international runoff operations, conducted primarily through RiverStone (UK)) and the U.S. runoff company formed on the merger of TIG Insurance Company (TIG) and International Insurance Company (IIC) combined with Old Lyme Insurance and Fairmont Specialty Group (Fairmont). The U.K. and international runoff operations have reinsured their reinsurance portfolios to nSpire Re to provide consolidated investment and liquidity management services, with the RiverStone Group retaining responsibility for other aspects of the business. The runoff reporting segment also reflects the runoff of nSpire Res Group Re participation.
The Other Segment includes Hamblin Watsa Investment Counsel Ltd., an investment management company and MFXchange Holdings Inc., a technology company.
The company was founded in 1951. It was formerly known as Markel Financial Holdings Limited and changed its name to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Major Shareholders
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited History
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Offices and Representations
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?