- The report contains detailed information about ESG Re Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ESG Re Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ESG Re Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ESG Re Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ESG Re Ltd. business.
About ESG Re Ltd.
ESG RE Limited, formed in 1997 provides traditional reinsurance, insurance products and insurance product marketing and development services to insurers and financial institutions worldwide. The company operates two complementary business segments, ESG Reinsurance and ESG Direct.
ESG Reinsurance, provides medical, personal accident, credit life, disability, and special risks reinsurance to insurers and selected reinsurers. The current focus of the companys reinsurance segment is reinsuring medical risks in the United States. ESG Direct is a smaller but growing segment of the companys business. Through ESG Direct, the company provides direct marketing services, expertise in the development of reinsurance and insurance products, and supporting technology to financial institutions in Asia, Europe and Australia.
The major lines of business of the companys reinsurance operations are medical expense, personal accident and disability, credit, and life.
Medical Expense: Medical expense reinsurance consists primarily of reinsuring medical expense reimbursement plans, specific and aggregate, short-term travel, defined illnesses and dread diseases, as well as medical expense add-on coverages and top-up benefits. To properly evaluate these reinsurance risks, the company relies on its detailed knowledge of the underlying insurance product, active risk management and actuarial rating manuals. The companys largest medical reinsurance operation, ESG Re North America Limited, is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Personal Accident and Disability: Personal accident reinsurance covers accidental death, dismemberment, permanent, temporary, partial or total disability, loss of occupational license, and occupational accident.
Credit Life: The company reinsures the risk arising from defaults on credit card repayments or loan agreements following death, accident or involuntary unemployment. The company has considerable expertise in the production, underwriting and administering this class of business in Portugal. The company also conducts credit life operations elsewhere in Europe and Australia.
Life: The company writes a small book of both term and sub-standard life reinsurance using a consultant actuary to ensure sound underwriting practices.
Primary Insurance Operations Under ESG Reinsurance
In addition to ESG's reinsurance operations, the company has two subsidiaries that write primary insurance policies as well as, to a lesser extent, reinsurance policies. One of these companies is based in the former Soviet State of Georgia, and the other in Ireland. The Georgian company, IMEDI L Insurance Company Limited (IMEDI), sells property and casualty insurance to individuals and companies seeking to insure themselves against these risks. The company has recently made changes to its underwriting policies at IMEDI to limit its underwriting exposure. The Irish company, Accent Europe Insurance Company, Ltd., offers accident and health insurance products.
Through ESG Direct, the company offers marketing, product development, and technology expertise.
In 2001, the company initiated a direct marketing operation in Europe to expand its European operations. The company also opened a Representative office in Portugal to develop bancassurance business in that market. Bancassurance is a form of insurance in which a bank or other lender sells insurance to a customer to protect against risk of default due to death, accident, involuntary unemployment or other sudden event.
ESG Direct complements the companys core reinsurance business by providing the customers with product development and direct marketing strategies, as well as the technological infrastructure necessary to run an expanding insurance business. For most of ESG Direct's customers, the company markets insurance products on behalf of the customer, and the customer purchases reinsurance from it to cover its insurance risks on the insurance product once it is sold. The bancassurance component of ESG Direct business segment focuses on assisting banks, lenders, finance houses, credit unions, credit card issuers and other financial institutions in the marketing of their credit insurance products.
The company also offers assistance to ceding companies and other partners in the areas of underwriting, actuarial systems, product design, and marketing.
In North America, the companys primary competitors are American Re Corporation and Everest Re Group, Ltd. In Latin America, the primary competitors are Latin America Re and Swiss Reinsurance Company. In Europe, the primary competitors are Munich Re, Swiss Re, Hanover Re and Lloyd's of London.
The primary competitors for ESG Direct are American International Group, Inc. and the ACE Group. Other competitors of ESG Direct are General Electric Capital, J.C.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESG RE LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESG RE LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESG RE LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESG RE LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESG RE LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ESG Re Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ESG Re Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ESG Re Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ESG Re Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ESG Re Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ESG RE LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESG RE LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESG RE LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESG RE LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESG RE LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESG RE LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ESG Re Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ESG Re Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ESG Re Ltd. Major Shareholders
ESG Re Ltd. History
ESG Re Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ESG Re Ltd. Offices and Representations
ESG Re Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ESG Re Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ESG Re Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
ESG Re Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
ESG Re Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ESG Re Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ESG Re Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ESG Re Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
ESG Re Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
ESG Re Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ESG Re Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ESG Re Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?