- The report contains detailed information about Erie Indemnity Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Erie Indemnity Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Erie Indemnity Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Erie Indemnity Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Erie Indemnity Co. business.
About Erie Indemnity Co.
Erie Indemnity Company is a managing Attorney-in-Fact for the subscribers at Erie Insurance Exchange (Exchange). The Exchange is a subscriber (policyholder) owned Pennsylvania-domiciled reciprocal insurer that writes property/casualty insurance.
The companys primary function is to perform certain services for the Exchange relating to sales, underwriting and issuance of policies on behalf of the Exchange. This is done in accordance with a subscribers agreement (a limited power of attorney) executed by each subscriber (policyholder), appointing the company their common attorney-in-fact to transact business on their behalf and to manage their affairs at the Exchange.
The Exchange and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Flagship City Insurance Company (Flagship) and the Indemnitys wholly-owned subsidiaries, Erie Insurance Company (EIC), Erie Insurance Company of New York (ENY) and the Erie Insurance Property and Casualty Company (EPC), comprise the Property and Casualty Group.
The Property and Casualty Group is a regional insurance group operating in 11 Midwestern, Mid-Atlantic, and southeastern states and the District of Columbia. The Property and Casualty Group primarily writes personal auto insurance.
The company operates its business as three segments: Management operations, Insurance underwriting operations, and Investment operations.
Management operations: The company has an interest in the growth and financial condition of the Exchange as the Exchange is sole customer.
Insurance underwriting operations: The members of the Property and Casualty Group pool their underwriting results. Under the reinsurance pooling arrangement, the Exchange assumes 94.5% of the pool. Accordingly, the underwriting risk of the Property and Casualty Groups business is borne by the Exchange. The principal personal lines products based on 2009 direct written premiums were private passenger automobile and homeowners. The principal commercial lines products based on 2009 direct written premiums were commercial multi-peril, commercial automobile, and workers compensation.
The Property and Casualty Group writes business in Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. The Property and Casualty Group is represented by approximately 2,000 independent agencies.
Investment operations: The company has fixed maturity, equity security and alternative investment portfolios. The portfolios are managed with a view toward maximizing after-tax yields and limiting credit risk.
Erie Indemnity Company was founded in 1925.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Erie Indemnity Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Erie Indemnity Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Erie Indemnity Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Erie Indemnity Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Erie Indemnity Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ERIE INDEMNITY CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Erie Indemnity Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Erie Indemnity Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Erie Indemnity Co. Major Shareholders
Erie Indemnity Co. History
Erie Indemnity Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Erie Indemnity Co. Offices and Representations
Erie Indemnity Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Erie Indemnity Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Erie Indemnity Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Erie Indemnity Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Erie Indemnity Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Erie Indemnity Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Erie Indemnity Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Erie Indemnity Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Erie Indemnity Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Erie Indemnity Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Erie Indemnity Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Erie Indemnity Co. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?