- The report contains detailed information about EMC Insurance Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EMC Insurance Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EMC Insurance Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EMC Insurance Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EMC Insurance Group Inc. business.
About EMC Insurance Group Inc.
EMC Insurance Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the property and casualty insurance, and reinsurance business.
The company primarily focuses on the sale of commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to small and medium-sized businesses. These products are sold through independent insurance agents who are supported by a decentralized network of branch offices.
The company conducts its insurance business through two segments: Property and Casualty Insurance segment and Reinsurance segment. The company conducts its property and casualty insurance operations together with Employers Mutual through the reinsurance pooling agreement. The Property and Casualty Insurance segment writes both commercial and personal lines of insurance, with a focus on medium-sized commercial accounts. Reinsurance segment operations are conducted through EMC Reinsurance Company. The principal business activity of EMC Reinsurance Company is to reinsurance unaffiliated insurance companies.
Property and Casualty Insurance
The companys property and casualty insurance subsidiaries and the other parties to the pooling agreement underwrite both commercial and personal lines of property and casualty insurance. Those coverages consist of the following types of insurance:
Automobile - policies purchased by insureds engaged in a commercial activity that provide protection against liability for bodily injury and property damage arising from automobile accidents, and protection against loss from damage to automobiles owned by the insured.
Property - policies purchased by insureds engaged in a commercial activity that provide protection against damage or loss to property (other than autos) owned by the insured.
Workers Compensation - policies purchased by employers to provide benefits to employees for injuries incurred during the course of employment. The extent of coverage is established by the workers compensation laws of each state.
Liability - policies purchased by insureds engaged in a commercial activity that provide protection against liability for bodily injury or property damage to others resulting from acts or omissions of the insured or its employees.
Other - includes a range of policies purchased by insureds engaged in a commercial activity that provide protection with respect to burglary and theft loss, aircraft, marine, and other losses. This category also includes fidelity and surety bonds issued to secure performance.
Automobile - policies purchased by individuals that provide protection against liability for bodily injury and property damage arising from automobile accidents, and protection against loss from damage to automobiles owned by the insured.
Property - policies purchased by individuals that provide protection against damage or loss to property (other than autos) owned by the individual, including homeowners insurance.
Liability - policies purchased by individuals that provide protection against liability for bodily injury or property damage to others resulting from acts or omissions of the insured.
The reinsurance subsidiary assumes the voluntary reinsurance business written directly by Employers Mutual with unaffiliated insurance companies. Employers Mutual writes both pro rata and excess-of-loss reinsurance for unaffiliated insurance companies. Pro rata reinsurance is a form of reinsurance in which the reinsurer assumes a stated percentage of all premiums, losses, and related expenses in a given class of business. In contrast, excess-of-loss reinsurance provides coverage for a portion of losses incurred by an insurer which exceed predetermined retention limits.
Marketing and Distribution
Property and Casualty Insurance: The company markets various commercial and personal lines insurance products through 16 service branch offices, which actively write business in 41 states. The pool participants products are marketed through a network of approximately 2,140 local independent agents serviced by the branch offices. The pool participants primarily focus on the sale of commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to small and medium-sized businesses.
Reinsurance: The reinsurance subsidiary relies on the financial strength of Employers Mutual to write the reinsurance business, as well as Employers Mutual has licensed in 50 states.
EMC Insurance Group, Inc. was founded in 1974.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EMC Insurance Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EMC Insurance Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EMC Insurance Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EMC Insurance Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EMC Insurance Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMC INSURANCE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Major Shareholders
EMC Insurance Group Inc. History
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Offices and Representations
EMC Insurance Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EMC Insurance Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EMC Insurance Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EMC Insurance Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EMC Insurance Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EMC Insurance Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?