- The report contains detailed information about eHealth, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for eHealth, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The eHealth, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes eHealth, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of eHealth, Inc. business.
About eHealth, Inc.
eHealth, Inc. offers Internet-based insurance agency services for individuals, families, and small businesses in the United States, as well as technology licensing and Internet advertising services. The company is licensed to market and sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The companys sponsorship advertising program allows carriers to purchase advertising space in specific markets in a sponsorship area on its Web site. Its technology licensing business allows carriers to offer their own health insurance policies on their Web sites and agents to utilize its technology to power their online quoting, content, and application submission processes.
Platform and Technology
The companys ecommerce platform organizes and presents voluminous and complex health insurance information in an unbiased and objective format and empowers individuals, families, and small businesses to research, analyze, compare, and purchase various health insurance products. The products that the company offers include major medical health insurance coverage, such as preferred provider organization, health maintenance organization and indemnity plans, short-term medical insurance, student health insurance, health savings account eligible health insurance plans, and ancillary products, such as dental, vision, and life insurance. Elements of its platform consist of:
Online Rate Quoting and Comprehensive Plan Information: The companys ecommerce platform provides consumers online rate quotes and comprehensive plan benefit information from various health insurance carriers. After entering a minimal amount of relevant information on its Web site, such as zip code, gender, age, date of birth, smoker or non-smoker, and student status, its platform allows consumers to receive a list of applicable health insurance products and rate and benefit information. The consumer can sort through the quoted plans based on price, health insurance carrier, deductible amount, or search the list of quoted plans to obtain a subset based on certain consumer preferences.
Plan Comparison and Recommendations: The company offers online comparison and recommendation tools that distill voluminous health insurance information. Its ecommerce platform enables consumers to compare and contrast health insurance plans in a side-by-side format based on plan characteristics, such as price, plan type, deductible amount, co-payment amount and in-network, and out-of-network benefits. To further assist consumers, its automated recommendation capability presents a short series of questions and recommends up to four health insurance plans based on the consumers input.
Online Application and Enrollment Forms: Health insurance applications vary by carrier and state. The companys proprietary graphical Application Designer Tool allows it to capture each applications business rules and build a corresponding online application in XML format. The companys online application process offers its consumers significant improvements over the traditional, paper-intensive application process. It employs dynamic business logic to help individuals and families application and enrollment forms correctly in real-time. The company, in its enrollment process, accepts electronic signature and electronic payment from its consumers.
Electronic Processing Interchange: The companys Electronic Processing Interchange (EPI) technology integrates its online application process with health insurance carriers technology systems, enabling the company to electronically deliver its consumers applications to health insurance carriers. This expedites the application process by eliminating manual delivery and reducing the need for data entry and human review. Through EPI, the company also receives alerts and data from carriers, such as notification of underwriting approval or a request from a carrier for a consumers medical records for underwriting purposes, which the company then relays electronically to the consumer. These features of its service help prevent applications from becoming delayed or rejected through inactivity of the consumer or the carrier.
Back Office Systems: The companys proprietary back office customer relationship management system enables it to provide a range of customer service tasks. Using these tools, the company can track each consumer throughout the application process, obtain real-time updates from the carrier, generate automated emails specific to each consumer and access a cross-sell engine and dashboard to identify and track cross-sell opportunities. The companys auto-email system contains feature, such as HTML capability, customizable merge tags, granular segmentation, and tracking capability.
The company has developed partnerships with health insurance carriers in the United States, enabling it to offer various health insurance products online. As of December 31, 2009, the company had relationships with approximately 180 carriers, including national carriers, such as Aetna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare, and Wellpoint; approximately 40 BlueCross BlueShield carriers; and regional carriers, such as Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, and Unicare.
In April 2010, eHealth, Inc. announced a partnership with Healthcare Blue Book (CareOperative, LLC) to combine the two companies' to deliver a one-stop shop for purchasing health insurance along with unbiased healthcare pricing information.
eHealth, Inc. was incorporated in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EHEALTH, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EHEALTH, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EHEALTH, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EHEALTH, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EHEALTH, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. eHealth, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of eHealth, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of eHealth, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. eHealth, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. eHealth, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EHEALTH, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EHEALTH, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EHEALTH, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EHEALTH, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EHEALTH, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EHEALTH, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
eHealth, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
eHealth, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
eHealth, Inc. Major Shareholders
eHealth, Inc. History
eHealth, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
eHealth, Inc. Offices and Representations
eHealth, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
eHealth, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
eHealth, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
eHealth, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
eHealth, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
eHealth, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
eHealth, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
eHealth, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
eHealth, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
eHealth, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
eHealth, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
eHealth, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?