- The report contains detailed information about Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. business.
About Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc.
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc., an insurance holding company, offers workers compensation and group benefits insurance and reinsurance products.
The companys direct and indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries are Eastern Holding Company, Ltd. (EHC), Eastern Alliance Insurance Company (Eastern Alliance), Allied Eastern Indemnity Company (Allied Eastern), Eastern Advantage Assurance Company (Eastern Advantage), Eastern Re, Ltd., S.P.C. (Eastern Re), Employers Security Holding Company (ESHC), Employers Security Insurance Company (ESIC), Affinity Management Services, Inc. (AMS), Eastern Life and Health Insurance Company (ELH), Employers Alliance, Inc. (Employers Alliance), Global Alliance Holdings, Ltd. (Global Alliance), and Eastern Services Corporation (Eastern Services).
Workers Compensation Insurance: The company offers traditional workers compensation insurance coverage to employers, with 300 employees or less, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest regions of the continental United States. The companys workers compensation products include guaranteed cost policies, policyholder dividend policies, retrospectively-rated policies, large deductible policies, and captive programs. Workers compensation insurance coverage is also underwritten through the companys alternative markets business unit and ceded 100% to the segregated portfolio cell reinsurance segment.
Group Benefits Insurance: The company offers group benefits insurance products to employer groups, with 300 employees or less, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Midwest regions of the continental the United States. The companys group benefits insurance products consist of dental, short-term and long-term disability, term life, and vision.
Workers Compensation Insurance
The company offers a line of workers compensation products, including guaranteed cost policies, policyholder dividend policies, retrospectively-rated policies, large deductible policies, and alternative market products.
Guaranteed cost policies: Guaranteed cost policies charge a fixed premium, which does not increase or decrease based upon loss experience during the policy period.
Policyholder dividend policies: Policyholder dividend policies charge a fixed premium, but the customer may receive a dividend in the event of favorable loss experience during the policy period. Policyholder dividend plans are restricted to accounts with minimum annual premiums.
Retrospectively-rated policies: Retrospectively-rated policies charge an initial premium that is subject to adjustment after the policy period expires, based upon the insureds actual loss experience incurred during the policy period, subject to a minimum and maximum premium. These policies are subject to annual adjustment until all claims related to the policy year are closed.
Large deductible policies: Large deductible policies result in a lower premium; however, the insured retains a greater share of the underwriting risk than under guaranteed cost or dividend paying policies, which reduces the risk to the company and further encourages loss control by the insured. The customer is contractually obligated to pay its own losses up to the amount of the deductible for each occurrence.
Alternative market products: Alternative market products are offered to individual customers and trade associations.
Segregated Portfolio Cell Reinsurance
Segregated portfolio cells, or segregated cells or rent-a-captives, are all referred to as alternative market programs or products. The company provides various products to this marketplace, including program design, fronting, claims administration, risk management, segregated portfolio cell rental, investment, and segregated portfolio management services.
Group Benefits Insurance
The companys group benefits insurance products include dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, term life insurance, and vision insurance.
Dental Insurance: Dental plans include fee for service and managed care plans. Multiple variations of these products are available which offer different degrees of coverage. Managed care plans utilize the networks of two unaffiliated dental Preferred Provider Organizations.
Short-Term Disability Insurance: Short-term disability plans pay flat weekly benefit amounts or a percentage of an individual claimants weekly earnings in the event of disability.
Long-Term Disability Insurance: Long-term disability plans provide preset amounts or a preset percentage of an individual claimants monthly earnings in the event of disability.
Term Life Insurance: Term life plans pay flat amounts or a multiple of an individuals salary.
Vision Insurance: Vision plans are offered with different degrees of coverage, affordability and flexibility.
In its workers compensation insurance segment, the company considers its principal competitors to be PMA Capital Insurance Group, Erie Insurance Group, Guard Insurance Group, Selective Insurance Group, Cincinnati Insurance Company, Lackawanna Insurance Group, Accident Fund Insurance Company of America, and the Pennsylvania State Workers Insurance Fund. In its group benefits insurance segment, the companys principal competitors include Aetna, Inc., Assurant, Inc., Guardian Life Insurance Company, and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EASTERN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. History
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?