Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Delphi Financial Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Delphi Financial Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Delphi Financial Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Delphi Financial Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Delphi Financial Group, Inc. business.
About Delphi Financial Group, Inc.
Delphi Financial Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides employee benefit services in the United States. The company manages various aspects of employee absence to improve the productivity of its clients and provides the related group insurance coverages: long-term and short-term disability, life, excess workers compensation for self-insured employers, casualty programs, including deductible workers compensation, travel accident, dental, and limited benefit health insurance. It offers its products and services in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The companys two reportable segments are Group Employee Benefit Products and Asset Accumulation Products.
Group Employee Benefit Products
The company is a provider of disability, group life and excess workers compensation insurance products to small and mid-sized employers, with approximately 35,000 policies in force. It also offers travel accident, voluntary accidental death and dismemberment, group dental, and limited benefit health insurance products, as well as assumed workers compensation and casualty reinsurance. The company markets its group products to employer-employee groups and associations in various industries. It insures groups ranging from 2 to approximately 5,000 individuals. It markets its employee benefit products on an unbundled basis and as part of an integrated employee benefit program that combines employee benefit insurance coverages and absence management services.
In addition, the company offers a suite of voluntary disability, group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance products that are purchased by employees on an elective basis at their worksite. These products allow the employees of the companys clients to choose, within specified parameters, the type and amount of insurance coverage, the premiums for which are collected through payroll deductions. The company also offers a group limited benefit health insurance product which provides employee-paid coverage for hourly, part-time or other employees with seasonal or other irregular work schedules who would generally not be eligible for other employer-provided health insurance plans.
The companys group employee benefit products are primarily sold to employers and groups through independent brokers and agents. Its products are marketed to brokers and agents by 144 sales representatives and managers.
Asset Accumulation Products
The companys asset accumulation products consist mainly of fixed annuities, primarily single premium deferred annuities (SPDAs) and flexible premium annuities (FPAs). An SPDA provides for a single payment by an annuity holder to the company and the crediting of interest by the company on the annuity contract at the applicable crediting rate. An FPA provides for periodic payments by an annuity holder to the company, the timing and amount of which are at the discretion of the annuity holder, and the crediting of interest by the company on the annuity contract at the applicable crediting rate.
The company also offers an indexed SPDA that permits the annuity holder to elect that interest be credited to the contract in a manner that is either linked to any positive performance of the Standard & Poors 500 Index (the S&P 500 Index), credited on a fixed interest rate basis, or a mix of both. These fixed annuity products are sold predominantly to individuals through networks of independent insurance agents.
Other Products and Services
The company provides integrated disability and absence management services on a nationwide basis through Matrix Absence Management, Inc. (Matrix). Its disability and absence management services are designed to assist clients in identifying and minimizing lost productivity and benefit payment costs resulting from employee absence due to illness, injury or personal leave. It offers services, including event reporting, leave of absence management, claims and case management, and return to work management. It provides these services on an unbundled basis or in an integrated employee benefit program that combines these services with various group employee benefit insurance coverages.
The company's primary operating subsidiaries consist of Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company and Safety National Casualty Corporation.
Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company (RSLIC) and its subsidiary, First Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company (FRSLIC), underwrite a portfolio of disability, group life, travel accident, dental and limited benefit health insurance products targeted principally to the employee benefits market. RSLIC also markets asset accumulation products, primarily fixed annuities, to individuals and groups.
Safety National Casualty Corporation (SNCC) focuses primarily on providing excess workers compensation insurance to the self-insured market.
Other Subsidiaries The company conducts certain of its investment management activities through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Delphi Capital Management, Inc. (DCM), and makes certain investments through other wholly-owned non-insurance subsidiaries.
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Delphi Financial Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Delphi Financial Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DELPHI FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. History
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Industry Industry Statistics
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Delphi Financial Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?