- The report contains detailed information about Catlin Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Catlin Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Catlin Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Catlin Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Catlin Group Ltd. business.
About Catlin Group Ltd.
Catlin Group Limited operates as a specialist property/ casualty insurer and reinsurer.
The company, through its subsidiaries, writes a range of products, including accident and health, accident and health reinsurance, aviation, cargo, casualty reinsurance, construction and engineering, contingency, crisis management, energy, equine and livestock, financial institutions, general liability, inland marine, marine and aviation reinsurance, marine and energy liability, marine hull, medical malpractice, motor excess of loss, motor fleet, non-marine binding authorities, nuclear, political risk, terrorism and war, professional liability, property direct and facultative, property reinsurance, satellite, specie, structured risk, trade credit, the U.K. professional indemnity, and the U.S. casualty insurance.
The company operates in four reporting segments: the Catlin Syndicate at Lloyds, Catlin Bermuda, Catlin UK, and Catlin US.
Catlin Syndicate, which comprises direct insurance and reinsurance business underwritten by the Catlin Syndicate at Lloyds; Catlin Bermuda, which primarily underwrites reinsurance business, including intra-Group reinsurance; Catlin UK, which primarily underwrites direct insurance; and Catlin US, which primarily underwrites specialty business in the United States through Catlin Insurance Company Inc., which writes on an admitted basis, and Catlin Specialty Insurance Company Inc, which writes non-admitted business.
The Catlin Syndicate underwrites a variety of business classes, including both direct and reinsurance, property and casualty.
In 2007, the company had three sources of business: Traditional business placed at Lloyds by wholesale brokers: business underwritten by Catlins network of international offices. This business is produced by retail brokers and underwritten by local underwriters in the international offices on behalf of the Syndicate; and business written on a coverholder basis by Catlin US.
Catlin Bermuda primarily underwrites reinsurance coverages, with a particular emphasis on property reinsurance. It also underwrites casualty reinsurance, political risk and terrorism, and structured risk. In 2007, it also began underwriting marine reinsurance.
Catlin UK (Catlin Insurance Company (UK) Limited) underwrites two categories of business: property and casualty insurance for U.K. commercial clients and specialty classes that are also underwritten by the Catlin Syndicate at Lloyds.
In 2007, Catlin UK began writing cargo coverages specifically for U.K. clients, in addition to its existing specialties of professional indemnity, general liability, commercial property, commercial crime, and directors and officers liability insurance. It also began writing motor coverage for U.K. commercial fleets on 1 January 2008.
Catlin US underwrites various insurance and reinsurance products. The classes of business written by Catlin US include: business that had been written in the United States by Wellington subsidiaries. These classes include accident and health reinsurance; treaty and facultative property insurance, written on both a brokerage and direct basis; marine reinsurance; specialty casualty insurance coverages; and commercial property, casualty and inland marine insurance written on a binding authority basis by general agents.
Additional classes developed by Catlin US. These classes include professional liability insurance; equine insurance; primary and excess casualty insurance; and crisis management and terrorism insurance.
The company has operations in Canada, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Germany, Belgium, Guernsey, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Brazil.
Catlin Group Limited was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CATLIN GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CATLIN GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CATLIN GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CATLIN GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CATLIN GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Catlin Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Catlin Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Catlin Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Catlin Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Catlin Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CATLIN GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CATLIN GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CATLIN GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CATLIN GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CATLIN GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CATLIN GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Catlin Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Catlin Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Catlin Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Catlin Group Ltd. History
Catlin Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Catlin Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Catlin Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Catlin Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Catlin Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Catlin Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Catlin Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Catlin Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Catlin Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Catlin Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Catlin Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Catlin Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Catlin Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Catlin Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?