- The report contains detailed information about Baldwin & Lyons Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Baldwin & Lyons Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Baldwin & Lyons Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Baldwin & Lyons Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Baldwin & Lyons Inc. business.
About Baldwin & Lyons Inc.
Baldwin & Lyons, Inc. specializes in marketing and underwriting property and casualty insurance and the assumption of reinsurance principally insuring against catastrophes.
The companys subsidiaries are: Protective Insurance Company (Protective), with licenses in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all Canadian provinces; Protective Specialty Insurance Company (Protective Specialty), which is approved for excess and surplus lines in 40 states; Sagamore Insurance Company (Sagamore), which is licensed in 47 states and approved for excess and surplus lines business in one additional state; Transportation Specialty Insurance Agency, Inc., (TIA), an Ohio based insurance agent and broker; and B&L Insurance, Ltd. (BLI), which is domiciled and licensed in Bermuda.
The Insurance Subsidiaries serve a variety of specialty markets as follows:
The Insurance Subsidiaries provide coverage for larger companies in the motor carrier industry which retain substantial amounts of self-insurance, for independent contractors utilized by large trucking companies, for medium-sized and small trucking companies on a first dollar or small deductible basis and for public livery concerns, principally covering fleets of buses and is referred to as Fleet Transportation. Large fleet trucking products are marketed largely by the companys agency organization directly to fleet transportation clients but also through partnerships with non-affiliated brokers and through specialized independent agents. Broker or agent intermediaries are typically used for smaller accounts.
The principal types of Fleet Transportation insurance marketed by the Insurance Subsidiaries are: casualty insurance including motor vehicle liability, physical damage and other liability insurance; workers' compensation insurance; specialized accident (medical and indemnity) insurance for independent contractors; fidelity and surety bonds; inland Marine consisting principally of cargo insurance; and Captive insurance company products, which are provided through BLI in Bermuda.
The company also performs a variety of additional services, primarily for the companys insureds, including risk surveys and analyses, government compliance assistance, loss control and cost studies and research, development, and consultation in connection with new insurance programs, including development of computerized systems to assist customers in monitoring their accident data. Claims handling services are also provided, primarily to clients with self-insurance programs.
The company accepts cessions and retrocessions from selected insurance and reinsurance companies, principally reinsuring against catastrophes. All major retrocessions are concentrated in upper layers of coverage and contain loss limits so that only a major catastrophic event or series of major events could have a material impact on the companys operations or financial position. The remaining 40% of net reinsurance assumptions are produced through an agreement with a non-affiliated reinsurance broker, Paladin Catastrophe Management (Paladin). Business produced by Paladin covers catastrophe losses which attach at much lower levels, primarily covering tornado and hail losses in the United States, windstorm events excluding Florida and United States earthquake, excluding California, and certain Canadian risks.
Private Passenger Automobile Insurance
The company markets Private Passenger Automobile liability and physical damage coverages to individuals through a network of independent agents in thirty states.
Commercial Property and Business Owners Liability
The company markets commercial property and business owners liability coverages on a limited basis in partnership with a managing general agent in the State of Florida.
Baldwin & Lyons, Inc. was founded in 1930.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Baldwin & Lyons Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Baldwin & Lyons Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BALDWIN & LYONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Major Shareholders
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. History
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Offices and Representations
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Baldwin & Lyons Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?