- The report contains detailed information about Arthur J Gallagher & Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Arthur J Gallagher & Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Arthur J Gallagher & Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Arthur J Gallagher & Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Arthur J Gallagher & Co. business.
About Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. provides insurance brokerage, and third-party claims settlement and administration services in the United States and internationally.
The company operates in three segments, including Brokerage, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
Brokerage segment consists of retail and wholesale brokerage operations. The companys retail brokerage operations negotiate and place P/C, employer-provided health and welfare insurance, and retirement solutions principally for middle-market commercial, industrial, public entity, religious, and not-for-profit entities. Its wholesale brokerage operations assist its brokers and other unaffiliated brokers and agents in the placement of insurance programs.
Retail Insurance Brokerage Operations: The retail insurance brokerage operations offer commercial P/C and health and welfare insurance coverage. The lines of insurance coverage brokered by the company include aviation, casualty, commercial auto, dental, directors & officers liability, disability, earthquake, errors & omissions, fire, general liability, life, marine, medical, products liability, professional liability, property, retirement solutions, voluntary benefits, wind, and workers compensation.
Gallaghers Retail Brokerage operations are organized in 180 geographical profit centers located in the U.S., Australia and Canada and operate within certain key Niche/Practice Groups, which account for approximately 65% of its Retail Brokerage revenues. These specialized teams target areas of business and/or industries in which Gallagher has developed a depth of expertise and a client base.
The company serves the practice groups, such as agribusiness, aviation & aerospace, captive consulting, construction, energy, entertainment, global risks, habitational, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, institutional services, marine, manufacturing, personal, professional groups, private equity, public entity, real estate, religious/not-for-profit, restaurant, scholastic, technology/telecom, and transportation.
Wholesale Insurance Brokerage Operations: The wholesale insurance brokers assist its retail brokers and other outside brokers in the placement of specialized and hard to place insurance coverages. It acts as a brokerage wholesaler and, in other cases, acts as a managing general agent or managing general underwriter distributing insurance coverages for insurance carriers. On behalf of the insurer it performs the activities, including marketing, underwriting, issuing policies, collecting premiums, appointing and supervising other agents, paying claims, and negotiating reinsurance.
Risk Management Segment
The Risk Management Segment provides contract claim settlement and administration services for enterprises that choose to self-insure their P/C coverages and for insurance companies that choose to outsource their P/C claims departments.
Financial Services and Corporate Segment
The Financial Services and Corporate Segment manages Gallaghers interests primarily in alternative energy (clean-energy/tax-advantaged) investments and venture capital funds.
Clean energy: The company has 13.4% ownership interest in a biogas pipeline that removes and sells biogas from landfills, a 42.0% interest in a privately-held start-up enterprise that has commercialized a multi-pollutant reduction technology that removes mercury, sulfur dioxide, and other toxic emissions created by coal-fired power plants and a 5.0% interest in a privately-held start-up enterprise that reduces carbon dioxide emissions created by burning fossil fuels.
Real Estate and Venture Capital: The company has ownership interests in four venture capital funds and an investment management company.
Brokerage Operations in Australia, Bermuda, Canada and the U.K.: The majority of Gallaghers international presence in its Brokerage operations is in Australia, Bermuda, Canada and the U.K.
The company operates in Australia and Canada primarily as a retail commercial property and casualty broker. In the U.K., it has a significant Wholesale Brokerage operation for U.S. and international clients looking to access the Lloyds of London and other international insurance markets, a program operation offering customized risk management products and services to U.K. public entities and a small retail commercial property casualty brokerage. In Bermuda, the company acts principally as a wholesaler for clients looking to access the Bermuda insurance markets and also provides services relating to the formation and management of offshore captive insurance companies.
Brokerage Segment: The company competes with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Aon Corporation, Willis Group Holdings, Ltd., Wells Fargo Insurance Services, Inc., Brown & Brown Inc., Hub International Ltd., Lockton Companies, Inc., USI Holdings Corporation, Hewitt Associates, Inc., Towers Watson & Co., Crump Group, Inc., CRC Insurance Services, Inc., AmWINS Group, Inc., and Swett & Crawford Group, Inc.
Risk Management Segment: The company competes with Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.; Broadspire Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Crawford & Company; UMR, Inc., a subsidiary of United Health Group, Inc.; Cambridge Solutions Ltd.; ESIS, a subsidiary of ACE Limited; Specialty Risk Services, a subsidiary of Hartford Financial Services, Inc.; AIG Insurance; and Zurich Insurance.
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. was founded in 1927.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Arthur J Gallagher & Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Arthur J Gallagher & Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARTHUR J GALLAGHER & CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Major Shareholders
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. History
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Offices and Representations
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?