- The report contains detailed information about Alterra Capital Holdings Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alterra Capital Holdings Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alterra Capital Holdings Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alterra Capital Holdings Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alterra Capital Holdings Limited business.
About Alterra Capital Holdings Limited
Max Capital Group Ltd. provides specialty insurance and reinsurance products for the property and casualty market, with underwriting operations based in Bermuda, Ireland, the United States and the United Kingdom. The company underwrites a portfolio of risks and serves clients ranging from big companies to small owner-operated businesses. It also provides reinsurance for the life and annuity market. The company holds all material other investments in Max Diversified.
The company operates in five segments: the Bermuda/Dublin insurance segment, the Bermuda/Dublin reinsurance segment, the U.S. specialty segment, the Max at Lloyds segment, and the life and annuity reinsurance segment.
Bermuda/Dublin Insurance segment
Bermuda/Dublin insurance segment offers professional lines, excess liability, aviation and property insurance products, primarily to big companies. Excess liability products include excess umbrella liability insurance, excess product liability insurance, excess medical malpractice insurance, and excess product recall insurance. Professional lines products include errors and omissions insurance, employment practices liability insurance, and directors and officers insurance. The companys insurance products are underwritten in Bermuda and Ireland. It underwrites insurance products on an individual risk basis, which includes holding an in-person meeting with the client in Bermuda or Ireland.
Bermuda/Dublin Reinsurance segment
Bermuda/ Dublin reinsurance segment offers excess of loss and quota share, also known as proportional or pro rata, products in the property and casualty reinsurance market. The company participates on reinsurance treaties with other reinsurers, each with an allocated portion of the treaty and whereby the terms and conditions of the treaty are substantially the same for each reinsurer participating. The company writes Bermuda/Dublin reinsurance products in the form of treaty reinsurance contracts, which are contractual arrangements that provide for automatic reinsuring of a type or category of risk underwritten by clients.
U.S. Specialty segment
The company offers property, general casualty, inland marine, ocean marine, and professional liability insurance products to small- to medium-sized companies in the United States. The company operates in the excess and surplus lines market through Max Specialty, and in the admitted insurance market through Max America. Excess and surplus lines insurance is a segment of the U.S. insurance market that allows consumers to buy property and casualty insurance through non-admitted carriers. Max Specialty is licensed in Delaware and is approved to write excess and surplus business on a non-admitted basis in all other states along with Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Max America is licensed to write business on an admitted basis in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
Max at Lloyds segment
The companys Max at Lloyds segment operates through Max at Lloyds, which is the managing agent for Syndicates 1400, 2525 and 2526. Max at Lloyds, through the Syndicates, underwrites a portfolio of specialty risks. Syndicate 1400 offers property reinsurance, aviation insurance, accident and health insurance and reinsurance, and financial institutions insurance products. Syndicate 2525 offers employers and public liability insurance products. Syndicate 2526 specializes in professional liability and medical malpractice insurance products. The company includes Syndicate 2525 and 2526 lines of business in professional lines.
Life and Annuity Reinsurance segment
The companys life and annuity reinsurance products focus on existing blocks of business and take the form of co-insurance structures, where the risk is reinsured on the same basis as that of the original policy.
As of December 31, 2009, Max Diversified was invested in 30 underlying trading entities representing the following investment strategies: Distressed Securities Investing, Diversified Arbitrage, Emerging Markets, Event Driven Arbitrage, Fixed Income Arbitrage, Global Macro, Long/Short Credit, Long/Short Equities and Opportunistic Investing.
The companys competitors include Allied World Assurance Company, Ltd., Arch Capital Group Ltd., Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, AXIS Capital Holdings Limited, Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd., Everest Re Group, Ltd., Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd., Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd., Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., and Validus Holdings, Ltd.
Max Capital Group Ltd. was incorporated in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alterra Capital Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alterra Capital Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALTERRA CAPITAL HOLDINGS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Major Shareholders
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited History
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Offices and Representations
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alterra Capital Holdings Limited Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?