- The report contains detailed information about Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. business.
About Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd.
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, Ltd. operates as a specialty insurance and reinsurance company. The company underwrites a portfolio of property and casualty lines of business through offices located in Bermuda, Hong Kong, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The company has three business segments: the U.S. insurance, International insurance, and Reinsurance.
U.S. Insurance segment
The U.S. insurance segment includes the companys direct insurance operations in the United States. Within this segment the company provides a range of specialty liability products, with a particular emphasis on coverages for healthcare and professional liability risks. Additionally, the company offers a selection of direct general casualty insurance and general property insurance products. The company targets small and middle-market, including public entities, private companies and non-profit organizations.
Products and Customer Base: The companys casualty operations in the United States focus on insurance products providing coverage for specialty type risks, such as professional liability, product liability and healthcare liability risks, and the company offers commercial general liability products as well. Professional liability products include policies covering directors and officers, employment practices and fiduciary liability insurance. The company also offers a mix of errors and omissions liability coverages for law firms, technology companies, financial institutions, insurance companies and brokers, municipalities and media organizations.
The company also provides both primary and excess liability and other casualty coverages to the healthcare industry, including hospitals and hospital systems, managed care organizations and medical facilities such as home care providers, specialized surgery and rehabilitation centers, and outpatient clinics. The companys healthcare operations in the U.S. targets small and middle-market accounts.
With respect to general casualty products, the company provides both primary and excess liability coverage, and its focus is on complex risks in various industries including construction, real estate, public entities, retailers, manufacturing, medical and healthcare services, transportation, finance and insurance services, light to moderate chemical companies and street energy companies. The company also offers workers compensation insurance general towards the U.S. citizens, third country national and local national employees working outside of the United States on contracts for agencies of the U.S. government of foreign operations of U. S. Companies.
The companys the U.S. property insurance operations provide direct coverage of physical property and business interruption coverage for commercial property risks. The company writes solely commercial coverages and concentrates its activities on primary risk layers of insurance (as opposed to excess layers), offering limited capacity in these layers.
The company offers general property products from its underwriting platforms in the United States, and cover risks for retail chains, real estate, manufacturers, hotels and casinos, and municipalities. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a total of seven active programs in the United States, offering various products, including professional liability, excess casualty and primary general liability.
International Insurance segment
The International Insurance segment includes its direct insurance operations outside of the United States. It includes its operations in Bermuda, Europe and Asia. The companys Bermuda operations underwrite primarily casualty and property risks for accounts domiciled in North America. The companys operations in Europe, with offices in Dublin and London, have focused on mid-sized to large European and multi-national companies domiciled outside of North America. The International Insurance segment also encompasses its offices in Asia that were opened in 2009, including its Hong Kong office, which underwrites various primary and excess professional liability lines and general casualty insurance and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. History
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?