ACE Limited Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about ACE Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ACE Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ACE Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ACE Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ACE Limited business.
About ACE Limited
ACE Limited, a holding company, operates as a property and casualty insurance and reinsurance company. The company provides a range of products and services to commercial and individual customers in approximately 140 countries.
The company operates through the following business segments: Insurance North American, Insurance Overseas General, Global Reinsurance, and Life.
INSURANCE NORTH AMERICAN
The Insurance North American segment comprises its P&C operations in the U.S., Canada, and Bermuda. This segment includes the operations of ACE USA (including ACE Canada), ACE Westchester Specialty Group (ACE Westchester), ACE Bermuda, and various run-off operations.
ACE USA, its retail business, operates through several insurance companies using a network of offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. These operations provide an array of P&C, A&H, and risk management products and services to a group of commercial and non-commercial enterprises and consumers. ACE USA is this segments main operation.
ACE Westchester specializes in the wholesale distribution of excess, surplus, and specialty P&C products. ACE Bermuda provides commercial insurance products on an excess basis to a client base, covering risks that are low in frequency and high in severity.
The run-off operations include Brandywine Holdings Corporation (Brandywine), Commercial Insurance Services (CIS), residual market workers compensation business, pools and syndicates not attributable to a single business group, and other exited lines of business.
ACE USA primarily distributes its insurance products through a limited number of brokers. In addition to using brokers, certain products are also distributed through channels such as general agents, independent agents, managing general agents, managing general underwriters, alliances, affinity groups, and direct marketing operations. These products include general liability, excess liability, property, workers compensation, commercial marine, automobile liability, professional lines (D&O and E&O), medical liability, aerospace, and A&H coverages, as well as claims and risk management products and services. ACE USA also has established internet distribution channels for some of its products.
ACE USAs on-going operations are organized into distinct business units, each offering specialized products and services targeted at specific markets.
ACE Risk Management offers a range of customized casualty products to respond to the needs of mid- to large-size companies, including national accounts, irrespective of industry. These programs are designed to help insureds address the significant costs of financing and managing risk for workers compensation and general and auto liability coverages. A variety of program structures are offered to support each clients risk financing needs including: large deductible captives, third-party rent-a-captives, funded deductibles, and net present value and other risk financing structures.
ACE Global Underwriting Group, specializing in global programs and specialty coverages, provides comprehensive risk management programs and services to mid- to large-size U.S.-based companies, not-for-profit, and government entities. The groups main products include global property, corporate risk property, inland marine, foreign casualty, commercial marine, energy, and aerospace. In addition, this group provides specialty personal lines coverage for recreational marine distributed through a network of specialty agents.
ACE Casualty Risk offers products and services to a range of customers, ranging from middle market to the large multinational clients. Main coverages offered by ACE Casualty Risk include umbrella and excess liability, environmental risk for commercial and industrial risks, and wrap-up programs, which protect contractors and project sponsors with multi-risk coverage on large single- and multi-location construction projects. Small businesses can purchase workers compensation coverage through this units Internet-based ACE Complete product.
ACE Professional Risk (Professional Risk) provides management liability and professional liabi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACE LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACE LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACE LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACE LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACE LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ACE Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ACE Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ACE Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ACE Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ACE Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. ACE LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACE LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACE LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACE LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACE LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACE LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
ACE Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ACE Limited 1-year Stock Charts
ACE Limited 5-year Stock Charts
ACE Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ACE Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ACE Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
ACE Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ACE Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ACE Limited Major Shareholders
ACE Limited History
ACE Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ACE Limited Offices and Representations
ACE Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ACE Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ACE Limited Capital Market Snapshot
ACE Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
ACE Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ACE Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?