- The report contains detailed information about YRC Worldwide Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for YRC Worldwide Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The YRC Worldwide Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes YRC Worldwide Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of YRC Worldwide Inc. business.
About YRC Worldwide Inc.
YRC Worldwide Inc. provides transportation services worldwide. These services include global, national, and regional transportation, as well as logistics.
YRC National Transportation (National Transportation) is a transportation service provider focused on business opportunities in regional, national and international services. This unit includes less-than-truckload (LTL) subsidiary YRC Inc. (YRC). National Transportation provides for the movement of industrial, commercial and retail goods, primarily through centralized management and customer facing organizations. National Transportation also includes YRC Reimer, a subsidiary located in Canada that specialize in shipments into, across and out of Canada. In addition to the United States (U.S.) and Canada, National Transportation also serves parts of Mexico, Puerto Rico and Guam.
YRC Regional Transportation (Regional Transportation) is the unit for transportation service providers focused on business opportunities in the regional and next-day delivery markets. Regional Transportation is comprised of New Penn Motor Express (New Penn), Holland and Reddaway. These companies each provide regional, next-day ground services in their respective regions through a network of facilities located across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
YRC Logistics delivers a range of global logistics management services. YRC Truckload (Truckload) reflects the results of Glen Moore, a provider of truckload services throughout the U.S.
YRC National Transportation
National Transportation offers a range of services for the transportation of industrial, commercial and retail goods in regional, national and international markets, primarily through the operation of owned or leased equipment in their respective North American surface distribution networks. Transportation services are provided for various categories of goods, which include apparel, appliances, automotive parts, chemicals, food, furniture, glass, machinery, metal, metal products, non-bulk petroleum products, rubber, textiles, wood and other manufactured products or components.
National Transportation provides both LTL services, which combines shipments from multiple customers on a single trailer, and truckload services. Most deliveries are LTL shipments with truckload services offered to maximize equipment utilization and reduce empty miles (the distance empty or partially full trailers travel back to origin to balance the network). National Transportation provides higher-margin specialized services, including guaranteed expedited services, time-specific deliveries, cross-border services, coast-to-coast air delivery, global transportation, product returns, temperature-sensitive shipment protection and government material shipments.
National Transportation serves approximately 350,000 manufacturing, wholesale, retail and government customers throughout North America. National Transportations operations support approximately 225,000 shipments in transit at any time. National Transportation shipments have an average shipment size of 1,200 pounds and travel an average distance of approximately 1,200 miles.
As of December 31, 2009, National Transportation had 11,704 owned tractors, 1,239 leased tractors, 50,083 owned trailers, and 3,244 leased trailers. The National Transportation network includes 339 facilities with 18,470 doors. National Transportation provides services throughout North America, including with in Puerto Rico, Guam, Alaska and Hawaii. National Transportation also has affiliates that provide services in Mexico and Canada.
YRC Reimer, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, offers Canadian shippers a selection of direct connections with in Canada, throughout North America and around the world. YRC Reimer is also a part of YRC and its network and information systems are completely integrated with those of YRC enabling YRC Reimer to provide cross-border services between Canada, Mexico and the U.S. and markets overseas.
YRC Regional Transportation
Regional Transportation is comprised of New Penn, Holland and Reddaway. Together, the Regional Transportation comp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. YRC Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of YRC Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of YRC Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. YRC Worldwide Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. YRC Worldwide Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YRC WORLDWIDE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
YRC Worldwide Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
YRC Worldwide Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
YRC Worldwide Inc. Major Shareholders
YRC Worldwide Inc. History
YRC Worldwide Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
YRC Worldwide Inc. Offices and Representations
YRC Worldwide Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
YRC Worldwide Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
YRC Worldwide Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
YRC Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
YRC Worldwide Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
YRC Worldwide Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
YRC Worldwide Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
YRC Worldwide Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
YRC Worldwide Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
YRC Worldwide Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
YRC Worldwide Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
YRC Worldwide Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?