- The report contains detailed information about Werner Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Werner Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Werner Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Werner Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Werner Enterprises Inc. business.
About Werner Enterprises Inc.
Werner Enterprises, Inc., a transportation and logistics company, engages in hauling truckload shipments of general commodities in both interstate and intrastate commerce. The company also provides logistics services through its Value Added Services (VAS) division. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a fleet of 7,250 trucks, of which 6,575 were owned by it and 675 were owned and operated by independent owner-operator drivers.
The company has two segments - Truckload Transportation Services (Truckload) and VAS.
The Truckload segment is comprised of the following six operating fleets: dedicated services (Dedicated) provides truckload services required by a specific customer, generally for a distribution center or manufacturing facility; the regional short-haul (Regional) fleet provides comparable truckload van service with in five geographic regions across the United States; the medium-to-long-haul van (Van) fleet transports various consumer nondurable products and other commodities in truckload quantities over irregular routes using dry van trailers; the expedited (Expedited) fleet provides time-sensitive truckload services utilizing driver teams; and the flatbed (Flatbed) and temperature-controlled (Temperature-Controlled) fleets provide truckload services for products with specialized trailers. The companys Truckload fleets operate throughout the 48 contiguous U.S. states pursuant to operating authority, both common and contract, granted by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and pursuant to intrastate authority granted by various U.S. states. The company also has authority to operate in various provinces of Canada and to provide through-trailer service in and out of Mexico. The principal types of freight the company transport include retail store merchandise, consumer products, grocery products and manufactured products. The company focuses on transporting consumer nondurable products that generally ship more throughout the year.
The VAS segment is a non-asset-based transportation and logistics provider. VAS is comprised of the following four operating units that provide non-trucking services to customers: truck brokerage (Brokerage); uses contracted carriers to complete customer shipments; freight management (Freight Management) offers a full range of single-source logistics management services and solutions; the intermodal (Intermodal) unit offers rail transportation through alliances with rail and drayage providers; and Werner Global Logistics international (International) provides complete management of global shipments from origin to destination using a combination of air, ocean, truck and rail transportation modes. The companys Brokerage unit had transportation services contracts with approximately 5,800 carriers, as of December 31, 2009. In 2009, the company formed Werner Global Logistics Australia Pty. Ltd., a subsidiary that extends its logistics services to the Australian domestic market by offering freight forwarding, logistics, local transportation and distribution services. Through its Werner Global Logistics (WGL) subsidiaries, the company is a licensed U.S. Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC), U.S.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 6,575 company tractors and had contracts for 675 tractors owned by owner-operators. The company-owned tractors were manufactured by Freightliner (a Daimler company), Peterbilt and Kenworth (divisions of PACCAR) and International (a Navistar company).
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 23,880 trailers. This total consists of 22,515 dry vans; 400 flatbeds; 956 temperature-controlled trailers; and 9 specialized trailers. Most of its trailers were manufactured by Wabash National Corporation. As of December 31, 2009, of its dry van trailer fleet, 99% consisted of 53-foot trailers, and 100% was comprised of aluminum plate or composite (DuraPlate) trailers. The company also provides other trailer lengths, such as 48-foot and 57-foot trailers, to meet the specialized needs of certain customers.
The companys wholly owned subsidiary, Fleet Truck Sales, sells used trucks and trailers in the United States.
Marketing and Operations
The company operates in the truckload sector of the trucking industry and in the logistics sector of the transportation industry. Truckload segment provides specialized services to customers based on each customer's trailer needs (such as van, flatbed and temperature-controlled trailers); geographic area (Regional and Van, including transport throughout Mexico and Canada); time-sensitive shipments (Expedited); and the conversion of their private fleet to it (Dedicated).
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Werner Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Werner Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Werner Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Werner Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Werner Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WERNER ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Werner Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Werner Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Werner Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
Werner Enterprises Inc. History
Werner Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Werner Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
Werner Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Werner Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Werner Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Werner Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Werner Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Werner Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Werner Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Werner Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Werner Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Werner Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Werner Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Werner Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?