- The report contains detailed information about Vitran Corp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vitran Corp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vitran Corp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vitran Corp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vitran Corp Inc. business.
About Vitran Corp Inc.
Vitran Corporation Inc. provides freight surface transportation and related logistics services in Canada and the United States.
The companys segments include Less-than-truckload services (LTL), Supply Chain Operation (SCO), and Truckload (TL) services.
Within the United States, the company operates primarily with in the eastern, central, southwestern and western United States and delivers freight shipments. In addition, the company offers its services to the other regions in the United States through its strategic inter-regional relationships.
Within Canada, the company provides next-day service within Ontario, Quebec and parts of western Canada. The majority of its trans-Canada freight is shipped intermodally, whereby the companys containers are loaded onto rail cars and trans-loaded to Vitran facilities where Vitrans network of owner operators pick up and deliver the freight to various destinations. Vitrans Transborder Service Solution (inter-regional) provides over-the-road service between its Canadian LTL and U.S. LTL business units.
Supply Chain Operation (SCO)
The SCO involves the management and transportation of goods and the provision of information about such goods as they pass through the supply chain from manufacturer to end user. The SCOs role is to design a supply chain network for a customer, contract with the necessary suppliers (including Vitrans LTL services), implement the design and management of the logistical system. Vitrans SCO offers a range of services in Canada and the United States, including cross-docks, inventory management, flow-through distribution facilities, and distribution facilities that focus primarily on long-term customized supply chain solutions. In addition, SCO provides over-the-road or intermodal freight brokerage services with sales offices in Toronto, Montreal and Los Angeles.
Vitrans Truckload business, operating as Frontier Transport Corporation (Frontier), provides truckload service with in the United States. The business is primarily dry van but also offers temperature-controlled service in select markets. Frontier operates from two terminals, one in Atlanta and the other in Indianapolis where the main administration office is located.
Vitran Corporation Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VITRAN CORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VITRAN CORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VITRAN CORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VITRAN CORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VITRAN CORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vitran Corp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vitran Corp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vitran Corp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vitran Corp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vitran Corp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VITRAN CORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VITRAN CORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VITRAN CORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VITRAN CORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VITRAN CORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VITRAN CORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vitran Corp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vitran Corp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vitran Corp Inc. Major Shareholders
Vitran Corp Inc. History
Vitran Corp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vitran Corp Inc. Offices and Representations
Vitran Corp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vitran Corp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vitran Corp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vitran Corp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Vitran Corp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vitran Corp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vitran Corp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vitran Corp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vitran Corp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vitran Corp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vitran Corp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vitran Corp Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?