- The report contains detailed information about Touax SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Touax SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Touax SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Touax SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Touax SA business.
About Touax SA
TOUAX SA (the Group) is a service company specialized in operational leasing. Its business consists in the leasing of 4 types of mobile and standardized equipment that includes Shipping containers, Modular buildings, River barges and Frieght railcars.
Shipping containers with a fleet size of 166,397 TEU (twenty foot container equivalent unit) are operated by the Group throughout the world. Gold Container Corp works with over 120 shipping companies worldwide, including 23 of the 25 major groups. Its clients include companies like Maersk Line, P&O Nedlloyd, CMA-CGM, Yang Ming, Kline, etc. The Group has branches in Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Australia and India.
Modular buildings for offices, schools, and hospitals are used by industries, local authorities, and the construction and public works sector. TOUAX is a major European leasing company with a fleet of 19,064 units in Europe and the USA. The Group provides leasing and sales of modular buildings for industries, local government, and the Construction and Public Works sector.
The Groups clients are involved in the industrial sector, local authorities and construction and public works companies. TOUAX provides buildings for offices, hospitals, laboratories, schools and other community facilities. Customers of TOUAX buildings include Total, Bayer, Coca Cola, Boeing, Renault, Matra, Air France, Merck, Siemens, local authorities, etc.
TOUAX has many branches in France, in the regions of Nord Pas-de-Calais, Normandie, Ile de France, Alsace Lorraine, Rhône Alpes, Côte d'Azur, Aquitaine, Bretagne, Pays de Loire, Champagne-Ardennes and the Central Region.
The Group is also present in Germany, operating mainly in the following regions: Hamburg/Kiel, Rostock, Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden and Frankfurt. The Group has operations in Moerdijk in the Netherlands, Louvain in Belgium, Madrid and Barcelona in Spain, Gdansk, Warsaw and Poznan in Poland and Florida and Georgia in the United States.
River barges are leased and used for transporting dry bulk goods in Europe and the United States. The Group offers three types of services: transportation, leasing of river barges and water-borne storage. As of December 31, 2002, the TOUAX Group managed a fleet of 204 barges, self-propelled ships and pushboats and was the major company in Europe providing barge transport of dry cargo with a hold of 465,000 tons (daily capacity of transportation).
TOUAX works on behalf of large industrial groups and transport operators such as EdF, Cargill, Dreyfus, Lafarge, Gke, etc. for the transport of coal, cereals, minerals, ore and all kinds of heavy products.
In France (Seine, Rhône, Garonne), TOUAX leases barges transporting coal, cereals, cement, and construction materials, as well as large-volume packages.
In the Netherlands (Rhine), the Group leases barges, transports and stores phosphates, fertilizers, coal, ores and iron. In addition, the Group ensures a river link between Rotterdam and many ports in the Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland for the transportation of containers.
In Romania (Danube), the Group transports and stocks cereals, steel, coal and minerals on the Rhine Main Danube network, which extends over 2,500 km, traversing 7 countries. TOUAX is one of the major operators established on this market.
In the United States (Mississippi): TOUAX leases its barges for the transportation of grain, coils of steel, fertilizers and cement.
In South America (Rio Parana): TOUAX has sold its equipment and has as a medium-term objective to reposition itself in operational leasing and lease-purchase of barges to the major local operators.
Freight railcars for leasing transport goods for the railway networks and for major industrial groups in Europe and in the USA. The Group manages a fleet of 1,067 railcars. In the USA TOUAX has formed a joint venture with Chicago Freight Car Leasing. This partner operates over 7500 hopper cars for transporting heavy products such as sand, cement, and grain.
The Group proposes a wide range of contracts both in Europe and the United States: flexible operational leasing (1 to 7 years) for renovated secondhand railcars, medium and long-term operational lease (3 to 7 years) for new railcars, lease purchase, and sale and lease back program.
Currently, TOUAX offers its services throughout Europe and the United States through a network of four offices in Paris (France), Constanza (Romania), Dublin (Ireland) and Chicago (United States).
As of December 31, 2002, the Group managed ?
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOUAX SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOUAX SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOUAX SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOUAX SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOUAX SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Touax SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Touax SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Touax SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Touax SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Transportation Infrastructure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Touax SA Industry Position Analysis
6. TOUAX SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOUAX SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOUAX SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOUAX SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOUAX SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOUAX SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Touax SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Touax SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Touax SA Major Shareholders
Touax SA History
Touax SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Touax SA Offices and Representations
Touax SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Touax SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Touax SA Capital Market Snapshot
Touax SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Transportation Infrastructure Industry Statistics
Touax SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Touax SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Touax SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Touax SA 1-year Stock Charts
Touax SA 5-year Stock Charts
Touax SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Touax SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Touax SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?