- The report contains detailed information about Swift Transportation Co., LLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Swift Transportation Co., LLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Swift Transportation Co., LLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Swift Transportation Co., LLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Swift Transportation Co., LLC business.
About Swift Transportation Co., LLC
Swift Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a truckload carrier in the United States. The company operates a fleet of 18,000 tractors, 50,000 trailers and 5,000 intermodal containers. It operates out of 31 major terminals in 26 states and Mexico combining regional operations, an intermodal operation and various specialty and dedicated services. The primary commodities that the company transports include retail and discount department store merchandise, manufactured goods, paper products, non-perishable and perishable food products, beverages and beverage containers and building materials.
The company provides transportation solutions for customers. Its service offerings include dry van, refrigerated van, flat-bed, container, and heavy hauling trailers and are offered on a for-hire basis or in an operation specific to a customer. The company offers its services on a local, regional or North American basis. Its operating systems provide access to information regarding driver and equipment status and location, special load and equipment instructions, routing and dispatching. These systems enable its operations personnel to match available equipment and drivers to available loads and plan future loads based on the intended destinations. Its operating systems also facilitate scheduling regular equipment maintenance and fueling at its terminals or other locations.
In 2005, the company expanded its intermodal capabilities to serve its customers who utilize the rail network to transport freight. Intermodal service combines a linehaul move by rail for the underlying container with pick-up and delivery at origin and/or destination point. The pick-up and delivery associated with an intermodal move is known as drayage. As part of its initial expansion into intermodal, the company assumed certain leases for 1,500 53 foot containers from the BNSF Railway. In addition to the BNSF units, in 2005, it purchased 1,500 steel intermodal containers and in 2006, it purchased a total of 2,000 additional steel containers. As of December 31, 2006, the companys fleet totaled approximately 5,000 containers.
The company provides tailored solutions to serve specific customer needs. Its operations are focused on designing and engineering specific transportation solutions and are typically supported by longer term contracts. Services offered include hauling dry-van, flat-bed, and refrigerated trailers and other regular services.
In its operations the company also provides transportation professionals on-site at the customers facilities and has a centralized team of transportation engineers to design and optimize transportation solutions to support private fleet conversions and/or augment the transportation requirements of its customers. It also offers the capacity throughout its network to serve seasonal demands and surges. In addition to its domestic operations, the company has a cross border operation into Mexico that primarily ships through commercial border crossings from Laredo, Texas westward to California. The company, through Trans-Mex, focuses on shipments to and from Mexico.
Transplace: Transplace, LLC is an Internet-based transportation logistics company. The company contributed its transportation logistics business and associated intangible assets to Transplace upon its formation. The companys interest in Transplace is approximately 29%. As a transportation logistics company, Transplace manages shippers transportation needs and receives a fee for this service. It may receive from Transplace the opportunity to provide transportation services to shippers.
The companys major customers include retail and discount department store chains, manufacturers, non-perishable and perishable food companies, beverage and beverage container producers, and building materials companies. During 2006, the companys major customer included Wal-Mart.
Swift Corporation, formerly known as Swift Transportation Co., Inc., was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Swift Transportation Co., LLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Swift Transportation Co., LLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Swift Transportation Co., LLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Swift Transportation Co., LLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Swift Transportation Co., LLC Industry Position Analysis
6. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO., LLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Major Shareholders
Swift Transportation Co., LLC History
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Offices and Representations
Swift Transportation Co., LLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Capital Market Snapshot
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Swift Transportation Co., LLC 1-year Stock Charts
Swift Transportation Co., LLC 5-year Stock Charts
Swift Transportation Co., LLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Swift Transportation Co., LLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Swift Transportation Co., LLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?