- The report contains detailed information about Odfjell SE that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Odfjell SE. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Odfjell SE financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Odfjell SE competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Odfjell SE business.
About Odfjell SE
Odfjell SE engages in the transportation and storage of chemicals and other specialty bulk liquids, as well as provides logistical services. The company, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, owns and operates parcel tankers and tank terminals. It provides deep-sea transportation services to ports in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia Pacific, and Africa. The company is a subsidiary of Odfjell SE, Conrad Mohrsv.
The company operates in two business segments: Parcel Tankers and Tank Terminals. As of December 31, 2008, it had a fleet of 93 ships and 8 new buildings with a total capacity of approximately 2.6 million deadweight tons, as well as operated tank terminals with approximately 3.0 million cubic meters of storage space in approximately 1000 tanks located in 17 ports worldwide.
The Parcel Tankers provide deep-sea transportation of chemicals and other liquids. The major trade lanes are from the U.S. and Europe to Asia, India, the Middle East and South America. In addition there is a trade between the U.S., Europe, and South America.
Odfjell Ahrenkiel: Odfjell Ahrenkiel is a 50/50 joint venture with Ahrenkiel for marketing and operation of chemical tankers in inter-European trade. Odfjell Ahrenkiel operates a fleet of nine chemical tankers of which eight are the advanced Multitank ships of 5 870 dwt.
Flumar: The company owns 100% interest in Flumar, which transports bulk liquid chemicals and gases primarily on the Brazilian coast and within the Mercosul area. The company operates three chemical tankers and one LPG ships, ranging in size from 4 400 to 13 834 dwt.
Odfjell y Vapores: The 50/50 joint venture company Odfjell y Vapores operates one parcel tanker of 18,652 dwt, primarily carrying sulphuric acid along the Chilean coast.
The Tank Terminals offer shipping and storage services. The company has tank terminals in Rotterdam and Houston as well as in partially owned terminals in Singapore, Onsan in Korea, Oman and three in China. The company also works with eight terminals in South America through associated companies. Its tank terminals handle, store and distribute bulk liquid chemicals to or from different modes of transportation.
Odfjell Terminals (Houston) LP -Houston, USA (OTH): Odfjell Terminals (Houston) is the hub for Odfjell's global and regional trades to and from the U.S. Gulf.
Odfjell Terminals (Rotterdam): The tank terminal stores both chemicals and mineral oil products. In addition to the storage business, the facility has an industrial distillation plant, Odfjell Petrochemical Industrial Distillation (PID).
Oiltanking Odf jell Terminal Singapore Pte Ltd. Singapore: The tank terminal is a 50/50 joint venture between Odfjell and Oiltanking. The tank terminal has a total capacity of 213 000 cbm in 51 tanks, ranging from 800 cbm to 18 000 cbm.
Oiltanking Odf jell Terminals & Co L.L.C - Sohar, Oman (OOT): OOT has the exclusive right to manage six liquid berths and provide bulk liquid storage within Sohar Industrial Port. Odfjell holds 30% of the shareholding in OOT.
Odfjell Terminals (Korea): The tank terminal has 64 tanks with a total storage capacity of 171 000 cbm. The terminal owns and operates two berths with user rights to another two berths.
Odfjell Terminals (Dalian): Odfjell has a 50% stake and Dalian Port Co., Ltd. (50%) is the other shareholder in the company.
Odfjell Terminals (Jiangyin) Co. Ltd.: The 22 tanks / 99 800 cbm terminal handles different types of petrochemicals from ships, barges and trucks. Odfjell (55%) owns OTJ together with Garson Group (45%).
VOPAK TERMINAL NING BOLTD, CHINA: The terminal serves ships, barges, rail cars and trucks and has a capacity of approximately 63 500 cbm. Odfjell has a 12.5% stake in the tank terminal, with the other partners being Vopak, Helm AG and the Port Authorities.
Associated Tank Terminals, South America: It consists of eight chemical tank terminals spread along the coasts of Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru. The four Brazilian tank terminals are located in Santos, Rio Grande, São Luís and Corumba. In Argentina, they have two tank terminals, one in Buenos Aires and the other terminal in Campana. The Chilean tank terminal is located in San Antonio.
Odfjell SE was founded in 1916.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ODFJELL SE COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ODFJELL SE BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ODFJELL SE SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ODFJELL SE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ODFJELL SE COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Odfjell SE Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Odfjell SE and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Odfjell SE and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Odfjell SE Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Sea Transportation Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Odfjell SE Industry Position Analysis
6. ODFJELL SE NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ODFJELL SE EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ODFJELL SE ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NORWAY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ODFJELL SE IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ODFJELL SE PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ODFJELL SE VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Odfjell SE Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Odfjell SE Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Odfjell SE Major Shareholders
Odfjell SE History
Odfjell SE Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Odfjell SE Offices and Representations
Odfjell SE SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Odfjell SE Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Odfjell SE Capital Market Snapshot
Odfjell SE Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Sea Transportation Industry Statistics
Odfjell SE Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Odfjell SE Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Odfjell SE Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Odfjell SE 1-year Stock Charts
Odfjell SE 5-year Stock Charts
Odfjell SE vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Odfjell SE vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Odfjell SE Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?