- The report contains detailed information about Kirby Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kirby Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kirby Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kirby Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kirby Corporation business.
About Kirby Corporation
Kirby Corporation operates as a marine transportation and diesel engine services company.
Marine Transportation segment is engaged in the inland transportation of petrochemicals, black oil products, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barges, and, to a lesser extent, the offshore transportation of dry-bulk cargoes by barge. The segment is a provider of transportation services for its customers. All of the segments vessels operate under the United States flag and are qualified for domestic trade under the Jones Act.
Diesel Engine Services segment is engaged in the overhaul and repair of medium-speed and high-speed diesel engines and reduction gears, and related parts sales in three distinct markets: the marine market, providing aftermarket service for vessels powered by diesel engines utilized in the various inland and offshore marine industries; the power generation market, providing aftermarket service for diesel engines that provide standby, peak and base load power generation for users of industrial reduction gears and for standby generation components of the nuclear industry; and the railroad market, providing aftermarket service and parts for shortline, industrial, Class II and certain transit railroads.
Marine Transportation segment
The Marine Transportation segment is primarily a provider of transportation services by barge for the inland and offshore markets. As of February 26, 2010, the equipment owned or operated by the marine transportation segment consisted of 863 active inland tank barges, 213 active inland towboats, four offshore dry-cargo barges, four offshore tugboats and one offshore shifting tugboat.
During 2009, the companys marine transportation segment moved approximately 48 million tons of liquid cargo on the United States inland waterway system. Products transported for its customers comprised the following: petrochemicals, black oil products, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals.
Diesel Engine Services segment
The company is engaged in the overhaul and repair of medium-speed and high-speed diesel engines and reduction gears, and related parts sales through Kirby Engine Systems, Inc. (Kirby Engine Systems), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, and its three wholly owned operating subsidiaries, Marine Systems, Inc. (Marine Systems), Engine Systems, Inc. (Engine Systems) and Rail Systems, Inc. (Rail Systems). Through these three operating subsidiaries, the company sells Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) replacement parts, provides service mechanics to overhaul and repair engines and reduction gears, and maintains facilities to rebuild component parts or entire engines and entire reduction gears. The company serves the marine market and standby power generation market throughout the United States and parts of the Caribbean, the shortline, industrial, Class II and certain transit railroad markets throughout the United States, components of the nuclear industry worldwide and to other industrial markets such as cement, paper and mining in the Midwest.
The company is engaged in the overhaul and repair of medium-speed and high-speed diesel engines and reduction gears, line boring, block welding services and related parts sales for customers in the marine industry. Medium-speed diesel engines have an engine speed of 400 to 1,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) with a horsepower range of 800 to 32,000. High-speed diesel engines have an engine speed of approximately 1,000 RPM and a horsepower range of 50 to 8,375. The company services medium-speed and high-speed diesel engines utilized in the inland and offshore barge industries. It also services marine equipment and offshore drilling equipment used in the offshore petroleum exploration and oil service industry, marine equipment used in the offshore commercial fishing industry and vessels owned by the United States government.
The company has marine operations throughout the United States providing in-house and in-field repair capabilities and related parts sales.
The medium-speed operations are located in Houma, Louisiana
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KIRBY CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KIRBY CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KIRBY CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KIRBY CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KIRBY CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kirby Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kirby Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kirby Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kirby Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Sea Transportation Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kirby Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. KIRBY CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KIRBY CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KIRBY CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KIRBY CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KIRBY CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KIRBY CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kirby Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kirby Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kirby Corporation Major Shareholders
Kirby Corporation History
Kirby Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kirby Corporation Offices and Representations
Kirby Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kirby Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kirby Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Kirby Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Sea Transportation Industry Statistics
Kirby Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kirby Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kirby Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kirby Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Kirby Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Kirby Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kirby Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kirby Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?