- The report contains detailed information about JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for JB Hunt Transport Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. business.
About JB Hunt Transport Services Inc.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a surface transportation company in North America. The company also provides customized freight movement, revenue equipment, labor and systems services that are tailored to meet individual customers requirements and typically involve longer-term contracts. These arrangements include multiple pickups and drops, local and home deliveries, freight handling, specialized equipment and freight network design.
The company also provides integrated capacity and transportation and logistics services and solutions by utilizing a network of third-party carriers. While these unrelated outside carriers, at times, supplement its dry-van, full-load operations, they also provide flatbed, refrigerated, less-than-truckload (LTL) and other specialized equipment, drivers and services.
The companys business operations are primarily organized through four business segments, including Intermodal (JBI), Dedicated Contract Services (DCS), Full-Load Dry-Van (JBT) and Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS).
The transportation service offerings of its JBI segment utilize arrangements with North American rail carriers to provide intermodal freight solutions for its customers throughout the continental the United States, Canada and Mexico. The company provides the drayage service at either the origin or destination rail ramp utilizing its company-owned tractors for the majority of its intermodal loads, but utilizes third parties where economical. JBI operates 40,170 company-controlled containers systemwide. JBI also manages a fleet of 2,303 company-owned tractors and 2,780 company drivers.
DCS offers transportation services that generally are not provided by common truckload carriers or intermodal due to strict service requirements, specialized equipment, and intense driver and delivery personnel demands. The companys operations are managed on site by transportation professionals who work in concert daily with the customer and its drivers. As of December 31, 2009, this segment operated 3,969 company-controlled trucks, 358 customer-owned trucks, and 31 independent contractor trucks.
The JBT Segment offers full-load, dry-van freight, utilizing tractors operating over roads and highways. The company typically picks up freight at the dock or specified location of the shipper and transports the load directly to the location of the consignee. As of December 31, 2009, the JBT segment operated 1,698 company-owned tractors.
ICS provides non-asset, asset-light, and transportation logistics solutions to customers through relationships with third-party carriers and integration with JBHT-owned equipment. By leveraging the JBHT brand, systems and network, ICS brings a service offering to customers by providing flatbed, refrigerated, expedited and LTL, as well as various dry-van and intermodal solutions.
Marketing and Operations
The company transports, or arranges for the transportation of, a range of freight, including general merchandise, specialty consumer items, appliances, forest and paper products, food and beverages, building materials, soaps and cosmetics, automotive parts, electronics, and chemicals. The company's customer base includes Fortune 500 companies.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Major Shareholders
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. History
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Offices and Representations
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
JB Hunt Transport Services Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?