- The report contains detailed information about Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. business.
About Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in car and equipment rental businesses in the United States and Canada. The company accepts reservations for car rentals at approximately 8,100 locations in approximately 145 countries. It also rents equipment through 322 branches in the United States, Canada, France, Spain and China, as well as through its international licensees. The company operates in the global car rental industry and in the equipment rental industry.
The companys business consists of two segments: Car rental and Equipment rental.
Worldwide Car Rental
This segment maintains a network of company-operated car rental locations both in the United States and internationally. Its licensees and associates also operate rental locations in approximately 140 countries and jurisdictions, including the countries in which the company has company-operated rental locations.
The company rents various makes and models of cars, approximately all of which are the or previous year's models. It accepts reservations only for a class of vehicles, although it accepts reservations for specific makes and models of vehicles in its Prestige Collection luxury rental program, Hertz Fun Collection experiential rental program, Green Collection environmentally friendly rental program and leisure-oriented destinations. The company rents cars on an hourly (in select markets), daily, weekend, weekly, monthly or multi-month basis, with rental charges computed on a limited or unlimited mileage rate, or on a time rate plus a mileage charge.
The company also allows one-way rentals from and to certain locations. It has company-operated rental locations both in the United States and internationally. The international car rental operations locations, as of December 31, 2009, were France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Australia, Spain and Canada. The company also has company-operated rental locations in the Netherlands, Switzerland, Brazil, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, China, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In 2008, the company introduced Connect by Hertz, a new global car-sharing service utilizing Eileo technology, which rents cars by the hour at two dozen locations in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Connect by Hertz allows customers to sign up for the service and start renting cars by the hour.
In April 2009, the company completed the acquisition of certain assets of Advantage Rent A Car. Advantage is a brand for price-oriented customers at U.S. leisure travel destinations. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 24 corporate Advantage brand rental locations in the United States.
In April 2009, the company completed the acquisition of Eileo, S.A.S., or Eileo, a Paris, France-based developer of car sharing technology.
During 2009, the company launched Rent2Buy, a new way to buy a used rental car, which operates in select states, including California and Hawaii.
In addition to its airport locations, the company operates off-airport locations offering car rental services to various customers. The companys off-airport rental customers include people wishing to rent cars closer to home for business or leisure purposes, as well as those needing to travel to or from airports. The companys off-airport customers also include people who have been referred by, or whose rental costs are being wholly or partially reimbursed by, insurance companies following accidents in which their cars were damaged, those expecting to lease cars that are not yet available from their leasing companies and those needing cars while their vehicle is being repaired or is temporarily unavailable for other reasons; the company calls these customers replacement renters.
Competition: In the United States, the companys principal car rental industry competitors are Avis Budget Group, Inc., which operates the Avis and Budget brands; Enterprise, which operates the National Car Rental, Alamo and Enterprise brands; and Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., which operates the Dollar and Thrifty brands. The company, in Europe, competes with Avis Europe plc, whic
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. History
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?