- The report contains detailed information about Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. business.
About Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd.
Guangshen Railway Company Limited provides passenger and freight transportation services on the Shenzhen-Guangzhou-Pingshi Railway in the People's Republic of China, which is 481.2 kilometers long, running vertically through Guangdong Province.
The Guangzhou-Pingshi Railway is the southern part of Beijing-Guangzhou Railway, which connects northern China with southern China. The Guangzhou-Shenzhen Railway is located and links with railway networks in China, including the Beijing-Guangzhou, Beijing-Kowloon, Sanshui-Maoming, Pinghu-Nantou, and Pinghu-Yantian lines, as well as to the Kowloon-Canton Railway in Hong Kong, which is a component of the transportation network of southern China, as well as the railway channel linking Hong Kong with Mainland China.
The companys passenger train services can be categorized as follows: intercity high-speed express trains between Guangzhou and Shenzhen; Hong Kong through Trains between Hong Kong and Guangzhou; and domestic long-distance trains.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 218 pairs of passenger trains per day (each pair of trains meaning trains making 1 round-trip between 2 points), which including 100 pairs were high-speed express passenger trains operating between Guangzhou and Shenzhen (including 15 stand-by pairs), representing a decrease of 20 pairs; 13 pairs were Hong Kong Through Trains, including 11 pairs of Hong Kong Through Trains, 1 pair of through train between Zhaoqing and Kowloon, and 1 through train that operates on alternating days either on the Beijing-Kowloon line or the Shanghai-Kowloon line; and 105 pairs were domestic long-distance passenger trains, which included 16.5 pairs of long-distance passenger trains operated by the company between Shenzhen and Yueyang, between Shenzhen and Shanghai South, between Shenzhen and Beijing West, between Kowloon and Beijing West, between Shenzhen and Shaoguan, between Guangzhou and Chongqing North, between Guangzhou and Wanzhou, between Guangzhou and Liuzhou, between Guangzhou and Xian, between Guangzhou and Taizhou, between Guangzhou and Shanghai South, between Guangzhou and Jiujiang, between Chenzhou and Foshan, between Guangzhou and Zhangjiajie, between Guangzhou and Lhasa and between Sanya and Beijing West, and 88.5 pairs of domestic long-distance trains, operated by other operators but originating or terminating on, or passing through, its railroad.
As of December 31, 2009, the major stations owned and operated by the company included Guangzhou East Station; Dongguan Station; Shenzhen Station; Shaoguan East Station; and Guangzhou Station.
The companys principal market for freight is domestic medium and long-haul freight, originating and/or terminating outside the Shenzhen-Guangzhou-Pingshi corridor. It transports full load cargo, single load cargo, and containers. The company classifies its freight business into three categories: inbound freight, which is primarily freight unloaded at freight stations and spur lines connected to ports on its rail line or in Hong Kong; outbound freight, which is primarily freight bound for other regions in Mainland China, as well as foreign countries loaded at its train stations and spur lines connected to ports on its rail line or in Hong Kong; and pass-through freight, which refers to freight that travels on its rail line, but which does not originate from or terminate at its rail line. The company transports a range of goods, which can generally be classified as follows: metal ores, coal, containers, construction materials, steel, petroleum, and other goods.
Railway Network Usage and Services Business
The company's railway network usage and services mainly include the locomotive traction, track usage, electric catenaries (overhead wires used to transmit electrical energy to trains), vehicle coupling, and other services.
The company engages in other businesses principally related to its railroad transportation business. Its other businesses mainly consist of sale of materials and supplies, maintenance of trains, on-board catering services, labor services, operation of restaurants, hotels and warehouses, and other businesses related to railway transportation.
The company purchases its locomotives and coaches, as well as other railway equipment and materials, directly from China northern Locomotive & Rolling Stock Industry (Group) Corporation; China southern Locomotive & Rolling Stock Industry (Group) Corporation; and China Railway Materials and Supplies Corporation. In addition, the company purchases the China Railway High-Speeds (CRHs) from Bombardier Sifang Power (Qingdao) Transportation Ltd. and Bombardier Sweden Transportation Ltd.
Guangshen Railway Company Limited was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GUANGSHEN RAILWAY CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. History
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?