- The report contains detailed information about Forth Ports plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Forth Ports plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Forth Ports plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Forth Ports plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Forth Ports plc business.
About Forth Ports plc
Forth Ports PLC (the company) provides a comprehensive range of facilities in order to ensure the safe movements of shipping. These include a vessel traffic system, pilotage and navigational aids such as lighthouses, shore marks and buoys. Playing an integral role is the Leith-based Forth Navigation Service, which, manned by master mariners, provides VHF radio and radar coverage of the area 24 hours a day.
The company operates eight ports - Dundee on the Tay Estuary, Tilbury on the Thames and six on the Forth Estuary - Leith, Grangemouth, Granton, Methil, Burntisland, Kirkcaldy and the new Port of Rosyth. The former Rosyth Naval Base in Fife was purchased by Rosyth 2000 Consortium, of which Forth Ports PLC is one of five partners. Forth Ports have leased the quay and 60 acres of the site to create a dynamic commercial tidal port. With 30 million tonnes of North Sea crude oil, three million tonnes of liquified gas, refined oil, chemical traffic and a complete range of other cargoes transiting the Firth of Forth every year, it's hardly surprising that safety is of paramount importance.
Offshore-related activity has increased steadily over recent years with numerous companies taking advantage of the first class facilities on offer. The Port of Dundee is a strategic location for companies involved in the oil service sector, located only one hour from Aberdeen, the oil capital of Europe.
Facilities and Cargoes
Cruiseliners: Rosyth is well placed for cruiseliners visiting Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh, Dunfermline, medieval capital and birth place of Andrew Carnegie, as well as the home of golf, St Andrews.
Dry Bulk and General Cargo: Rosyth offers excellent facilities for handling and storing bulk commodities. High-capacity harbour mobile cranage and a 40 tonne bulk mobile hopper, ensure efficient and speedy handling of a wide range of dry bulk materials. Purpose built bulk stores are located close to discharge berths, and a 50 tonne computerised weigh-bridge allows direct transfer of electronic data to update release orders and control stocks. Wheeled loaders for operation on board ship and on shore are also available.
Forest Products: Rosyth offers ideal facilities for forest product handling: excellent covered storage and large surfaced compounds close to deepwater berths, supported by a fully equipped and experienced workforce. A one-stop distribution service provides a completed package from receiving and storage to delivery of unitised pulp, kiln dried and rough sawn timber and board products.
Liquid Bulk: The port has 2000 cubic metres of storage tanks for edible and refined oils, measured by technical float and servo gauge. Spillage-free transfer and easy, safe, handling are designed into the port's delivery points. Tanker and quayside connecting pipework adjusts for movement in discharging and other factors. Land is available to extend the existing facility.
Ro-Ro: T-berth is a 180-metre protected river berth with a minimum depth of 7.6 metres, and is ideal for stern-ramp ships loading / discharging ro-ro units. Supported by surfaced open quay areas and spacious cargo transit sheds nearby, the port offers a range of distribution management services, including groupage and dedicated loads.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORTH PORTS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORTH PORTS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORTH PORTS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORTH PORTS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORTH PORTS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Forth Ports plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Forth Ports plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Forth Ports plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Forth Ports plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Transportation Infrastructure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Forth Ports plc Industry Position Analysis
6. FORTH PORTS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORTH PORTS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORTH PORTS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORTH PORTS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORTH PORTS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORTH PORTS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Forth Ports plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Forth Ports plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Forth Ports plc Major Shareholders
Forth Ports plc History
Forth Ports plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Forth Ports plc Offices and Representations
Forth Ports plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Forth Ports plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Forth Ports plc Capital Market Snapshot
Forth Ports plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Transportation Infrastructure Industry Statistics
Forth Ports plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Forth Ports plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Forth Ports plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Forth Ports plc 1-year Stock Charts
Forth Ports plc 5-year Stock Charts
Forth Ports plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Forth Ports plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Forth Ports plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?