- The report contains detailed information about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. business.
About Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, rents and leases vehicles through company owned and franchised stores under Dollar and the Thrifty brand names primarily in the United States and Canada. It also operates a franchised retail used car sales network.
The company owns DTG Operations, Inc. (DTG Operations), Dollar Rent A Car, Inc. and Thrifty, Inc. Thrifty, Inc. owns Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc. and Thrifty Car Sales, Inc. (Thrifty Car Sales). Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc. owns Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Canada Inc. (DTG Canada). DTG Operations operates company-owned stores under the Dollar brand and the Thrifty brand, operates reservation centers for both brands and conducts sales and marketing activities for both brands. Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc. and Dollar Rent A Car, Inc. conduct franchising activities for their respective brands. Thrifty Car Sales operates a franchised retail used car sales network.
The Dollar and Thrifty brands represent a value-priced rental vehicle generally appealing to leisure customers, including foreign tourists, and to small businesses, government business and independent business travelers. As of December 31, 2009, Dollar and Thrifty had 613 locations in the U.S and Canada of which 296 were company-owned stores and 317 were locations operated by franchisees.
Dollar focuses on serving the airport vehicle rental market, which comprises business and leisure travelers. The majority of its locations are on or near airport facilities. As of December 31, 2009, Dollar had 81 company-owned stores at airports and 70 in local markets, and 49 franchised in-terminal airport locations and 82 franchised local market operations in the U.S. and Canada. In Canada, Dollar operates company-owned stores in five of the eight airport markets of Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, and Vancouver.
As of December 31, 2009, Dollars vehicle rental system included 282 locations in the U.S. and Canada, consisting of 151 company-owned stores and 131 franchisee locations.
Thrifty serves both the airport and local markets through company-owned stores and its franchisees. As of December 31, 2009, Thrifty had 80 company-owned stores at airports and 65 in local markets, and 60 franchised in-terminal airport locations and 126 franchised local market operations in the U.S. and Canada. As of December 31, 2009, Thriftys vehicle rental system included 331 rental locations in the U.S. and Canada, consisting of 145 company-owned stores and 186 franchisee locations.
Franchisee Services and Products
Dollar and Thrifty provide their U.S. and Canadian franchisees a range of products and services, including vehicle leasing, reservations, marketing programs and assistance, branded supplies, image and standards, training, rental rate management analysis and customer satisfaction programs. Additionally, Dollar and Thrifty offer their respective franchisees centralized corporate account and tour billing and travel agent commission payments.
As of December 31, 2009, exclusive of the U.S. and Canada, Dollar had franchised locations in 60 countries and Thrifty had franchised locations in 75 countries. These locations are in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific regions. The company offers franchisees the opportunity to license the rights to operate either the Dollar or the Thrifty brand or both brands in certain markets on a dual franchise or co-brand basis.
Thrifty Car Sales
Thrifty Car Sales provides an opportunity to franchised rental service providers to improve or build their used car operations under national brand name. In addition to the use of the brand name, dealers have access to various products and services offered by Thrifty Car Sales. These products and services include participation in a business development center, a nationally supported Internet strategy and Web site, operational and marketing support, vehicle supply services and customized retail and wholesale financing programs, as well as national accounts and supply programs. As of December 31, 2009, Thrifty Car Sales had 35 franchise locations.
Supplemental Equipment and Optional Products Dollar and Thrifty rent global positioning system (GPS) equipment, ski racks, infant and child seats and other supplemental equipment, offer a Rent-a-Toll product for electronic toll payments, sell pre-paid gasoline and roadside emergency benefit programs (Road Safe and TripSaver) and, subject to availability and applicable local law, make available loss damage waivers and insurance products related to the vehicle rental.
Parking Services Airport parking operations are a natural complement to vehicle rental operations. The company encourages its franchisees that have near-airport locations to add this ancillary business and the Company operates 16 corporate parking operations as well.
Supplies and National Account Programs The company makes bulk purchases of items used by its franchisees.
Dollar and Thrifty and their franchisees principal competitors are Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DOLLAR THRIFTY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. History
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?