- The report contains detailed information about CSX Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CSX Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CSX Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CSX Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CSX Corp. business.
About CSX Corp.
CSX Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a transportation supplier in the United States. The companys rail and intermodal businesses provide rail-based transportation services, including traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers.
CSX Transportation, Inc.
CSX Transportation, Inc. (CSXT) provides a link to the transportation supply chain through its approximately 21,000 route mile rail network, which serves major population centers in 23 states east of the Mississippi River, the District of Columbia, and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. It serves approximately 70 ocean, river and lake ports along the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, the Mississippi River, the Great Lakes, and the St. Lawrence Seaway. CSXT also serves production and distribution facilities through track connections to approximately 240 short-line and regional railroads.
In addition to CSXT, the rail operations include non-railroad subsidiaries Total Distribution Services, Inc. (TDSI), Transflo Terminal Services, Inc. (Transflo), CSX Technology, Inc. (CSX Technology) and other subsidiaries. TDSI serves the automotive industry with distribution centers and storage locations, while Transflo provides logistical solutions for transferring products from rail to trucks. CSX Technology and other subsidiaries provide support services for the company.
CSX Intermodal, Inc. (Intermodal) is a stand-alone, integrated intermodal transportation provider linking customers to railroads via trucks and terminals. Containers and trailers are loaded and unloaded from trains, and trucks provide the link between intermodal terminals and the customer.
Lines of Business
The Merchandise business is a diverse market with approximately 2.1 million carloads per year of aggregates (which includes crushed stone, sand, and gravel), metal, phosphate, fertilizer, food, consumer (manufactured goods and appliances), agricultural, paper, and chemical products.
Coal delivered approximately 1.6 million carloads of coal, coke and iron ore to electricity generating power plants, ocean, river and lake piers and terminals, steel makers and industrial plants.
Automotive delivers finished vehicles and auto parts. The company delivers approximately 30% of North Americas light vehicles, serving both domestic manufacturers and the manufacturers that produce cars in the United States.
Intermodal combines the rail transportation with the short-haul flexibility of trucks. Through its network of approximately 50 terminals, Intermodal serves all major markets east of the Mississippi and transports mainly manufactured consumer goods in containers, providing customers with truck-like service for longer shipments.
CSXs other holdings include CSX Real Property, Inc., a subsidiary responsible for the companys real estate sales, leasing, acquisition, and management and development activities.
In October 2010, CSX Corp. has announced opening of the Liberty Corridor Freightway, a public-private partnership offering expanded access to the Port of New York and New Jersey.
CSXTs primary rail competitor is Norfolk Southern Railway, which operates throughout the companys territory.
CSX Corporation was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CSX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CSX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CSX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CSX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CSX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CSX Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CSX Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CSX Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CSX Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CSX Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CSX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CSX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CSX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CSX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CSX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CSX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CSX Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CSX Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CSX Corp. Major Shareholders
CSX Corp. History
CSX Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CSX Corp. Offices and Representations
CSX Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CSX Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CSX Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
CSX Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
CSX Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CSX Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CSX Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CSX Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
CSX Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
CSX Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CSX Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CSX Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?