- The report contains detailed information about Canadian Pacific Railway Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canadian Pacific Railway Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canadian Pacific Railway Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited business.
About Canadian Pacific Railway Limited
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates railways in North America. The main operating subsidiary of the company, Canadian Pacific Railway Company (CPRC), provides rail and intermodal freight transportation services over a 15,400 mile network serving the principal business centres of Canada, from Montreal, Quebec to Vancouver, British Columbia, and the U.S. Midwest and Northeast regions.
Through subsidiaries, the company transports bulk commodities, merchandise freight and intermodal traffic. The company also provides service to markets in Europe and the Pacific Rim through direct access to the Port of Montreal, Quebec and the Port Metro Vancouver in Vancouver, British Columbia, respectively.
The companys network accesses the U.S market directly through three wholly owned subsidiaries: Soo Line Railroad Company (Soo Line), a Class I railway operating in the U.S Midwest; Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern Railroad Corporation (DM&E), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Soo Line, which operates in the U.S Midwest and the Delaware and Hudson Railway Company, Inc. (D&H), which operates between eastern Canada and major U.S. Northeast markets, including New York City, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C.
The company owns approximately 10,700 miles of track. An additional 4,700 miles of track are owned jointly, leased or operated under trackage rights. Of the total mileage operated, approximately 6,200 miles are located in western Canada, 2,200 miles in eastern Canada, 5,800 miles in the U.S. Midwest, and 1,200 miles in the U.S. Northeast. The companys business is based on funnelling railway traffic from feeder lines and connectors, including secondary and branch lines, onto its mainline railway network. The company also provides services to markets in Europe and the Pacific Rim through direct access to the Port of Montreal, Quebec, and the Port Metro Vancouver in Vancouver, B.C., respectively.
Partnerships and Alliances
The companys partnerships and alliances include a CP-Canadian National (CN) haulage agreement under which the company transports CN freight over approximately 300 miles of CP track in Ontario between Thunder Bay and Franz; CP-CN initiatives in the Port Metro Vancouver Terminal and B.C. Lower Mainland; CP-CN directional running operations in the B.C. Fraser Canyon; a joint routing agreement with CN to establish a structured plan to direct flows of interline traffic through the interchange locations and compliment similar arrangements with other Class Is Union Pacific Railroad (UP) & Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF); and CP has worked with all the Class I and other carriers that serve Chicago under the Chicago Region Environmental and Transportation Efficiency (CREATE) program.
The company owns, leases, or manages approximately 53,200 freight cars. Approximately 17,400 are owned by CP, approximately 7,200 are hopper cars owned by Canadian federal and provincial government agencies and approximately 11,700 are short-term lease and 16,900 are long-term leased. The companys covered hopper car fleet, used for transporting regulated grain, consists of owned, leased and managed cars. A portion of the fleet used to transport export grain is leased from the Government of Canada.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited was founded in 1881.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Major Shareholders
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited History
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Offices and Representations
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?