- The report contains detailed information about Avis Budget Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Avis Budget Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Avis Budget Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Avis Budget Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Avis Budget Group, Inc. business.
About Avis Budget Group, Inc.
Avis Budget Group, Inc. provides car and truck rentals and ancillary services to businesses and consumers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in the global vehicle rental industry through, Avis and Budget.
The companys operating segments include Domestic Car Rental, International Car Rental, and Truck Rental.
The Domestic Car Rental segment provides car rentals and ancillary products and services in the United States. This segment has an average rental fleet of approximately 270,200 vehicles.
The International Car Rental segment provides car rentals and ancillary products and services primarily in Argentina, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This segment has an average rental fleet of approximately 51,100 vehicles.
The Truck Rental segment provides truck rentals and related services to consumers and light commercial users in the United States.
Car Rental Business
The company operates or franchises approximately 2,200 of the approximately 5,100 rental locations that comprise the Avis car rental system (the Avis System) worldwide. The Avis System encompasses locations at airports and cities in the United States and internationally. The Avis System in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and parts of Asia is primarily operated under royalty-free license agreements with Avis Europe Holdings, Limited (Avis Europe), an independent third party, and consists of approximately 2,900 locations operated by Avis Europe and its sub-licensees.
The company operates approximately 1,300 Avis car rental locations in both the on-airport and local rental segments in North America, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, and the Caribbean. In addition, the company franchises the Avis System to independent business owners in approximately 900 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and parts of Asia.
The company offers Avis customers various premium services, including Avis Preferred, a counter bypass program, which is available at major airport locations; where2, a navigation system that features Bluetooth hands-free calling and MP3 playback capability; Avis Cool Cars, a line of fun-to-drive vehicles, such as the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang, Cadillac CTS, Chevrolet Corvette, as well as a range of hybrid vehicles; Roving Rapid Return, wireless technology which permits customers who are returning vehicles to obtain a printed charge record from service agents at the vehicle as it is being returned; a new non-smoking policy and a smoke-free car rental fleet, and other vehicle amenities, such as satellite radio available in other models; Avis Access, a range of special products and services for drivers and passengers with disabilities; Avis Interactive, a proprietary management tool that allows select corporate clients to view and analyze their rental activity via the Internet, permitting these clients to manage their travel budgets and monitor employee compliance with applicable travel policies; and The Avis First Program, a customer loyalty program that rewards customers with additional benefits for frequent rentals.
The Budget vehicle rental system (the Budget System) is a car rental system. The company operates or franchises approximately 1,800 of the approximately 2,700 car rental locations in the Budget System worldwide, including locations at the airports and cities in the United States and certain other regions. The Budget System in Europe, Africa and the Middle East is operated under a royalty-free trademark license agreement, with an independent third party that is an affiliate of Avis Europe, and consists of approximately 900 company-operated and sub-licensee locations.
The company operates approximately 770 Budget car rental locations in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, and New Zealand. It also franchises the Budget System to independent business owners who operate approximately 1,030 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, and parts of Asia.
Budget offers its customers Fastbreak,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Avis Budget Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Avis Budget Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Avis Budget Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Avis Budget Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Avis Budget Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Avis Budget Group, Inc. History
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Avis Budget Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Avis Budget Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Avis Budget Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Avis Budget Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Avis Budget Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Avis Budget Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?