- The report contains detailed information about A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S business.
About A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S operates as a shipping company worldwide. The companys operations are divided into four principal geographical regions: Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Other regions. The A.P. Moller - Maersk Group comprises approximately 1,100 companies.
Container shipping and related activities
Maersk Line is a container shipping company with a network that, as of December 31, 2008, comprised 464 container vessels with a total capacity of 1.9 million TEU. Safmarine is an independently managed shipping company within the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group with a network focused primarily on container transport to and from Africa. Safmarine operates a fleet of 41 container vessels and 21 MPVs (Multi Purpose Vessels).
Maersk Logistics/Damco: Maersk Logistics/Damco operates in two business areas: Forwarding activities that are marketed under the Damco name and Global Supply Chain Management solutions under the name of Maersk Logistics.
Container Inland Services: Container Inland Services is represented in approximately 70 countries with activities within rail and road transportation, container depots, and manufacturing and repair of containers.
APM Terminals develops and operates container terminals and related activities and is engaged in approximately 50 terminals and terminal projects in 34 countries. APM Terminals provides services to approximately 60 customers.
Tankers, offshore and other shipping activities
Maersk Tankers: Maersk Tankers operates 118 vessels (both own and chartered) in the global market for transport of crude oil, refined oil products, petrochemical gases, and natural gas.
Maersk Drilling and Maersk FPSOs: Maersk Drilling serves oil companies with drilling of exploration and production wells, while Maersk FPSOs operates floating oil and gas production and storage units. Besides their own fleet, Maersk Drilling and Maersk FPSOs also operate one FPSO and two semi-submersible rigs, as well as one jack-up rig, under management contracts. Maersk Drilling also has a 50% ownership interest in Egyptian Drilling Company, which operates 62 land rigs and three jack-up rigs.
Maersk Supply Service: Maersk Supply Service provides global service to the offshore industry, including anchor handling, towage of drilling rigs and platforms, and supply transport.
Svitzer: Svitzer has activities within towage, salvage and other offshore support. Svitzer is represented in approximately 100 ports and operates approximately 500 tugboats and standby vessels.
Norfolkline B.V.: Norfolkline B.V. operates ferries, Ro-Ro vessels and door-todoor transportation in Europe, with the transport of 2.4 million passengers, approximately 700,000 vehicles, and 1.3 million trailers.
Car carriers: The A.P. Moller - Maersk Group is a shareholder in Höegh Autoliners with an ownership share of 37.5%. Höegh Autoliners operates 67 car carriers in a global network with an annual transported volume of 1.9 million car units.
Oil and gas activities
Maersk Oil has production in Denmark, Qatar, Great Britain, and Kazakhstan. It participates in production activities in Algeria without being the operator. The company also conducts exploration activities in the Danish, British and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, and in Algeria, Angola, Oman, Brazil, and the USA (the Gulf of Mexico).
The Dansk Supermarked Group comprises a range of retail concepts, such as Bilka (hypermarkets), Føtex (quality supermarkets), F. Salling (department stores), and Netto (discount supermarkets).
Shipyards, other industrial companies, interest in Danske Bank A/S
Odense Steel Shipyard Group: During 2008, the Odense Steel Shipyard Group delivered one 11,000 TEU and four 7,000 TEU container vessels to Maersk Line.
Rosti: Rosti A/S develops and produces plastic components for industrial customers.
Star Air A/S: Star Air A/S operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 767 cargo aircraft, primarily engaged in long-term contract flying for United Parcel Service (UPS) in Europe.
Danske Bank A/S: The A.P. Moller - Maersk Group owns 20% of the shares in Danske Bank A/S, the Danish bank, which has operations in countries, such as Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Ireland, and Northern Ireland.
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S was founded in 1904.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S SWOT ANALYSIS
4. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Sea Transportation Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Industry Position Analysis
6. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. DENMARK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. A.P. MøLLER - MæRSK A/S VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Major Shareholders
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S History
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Offices and Representations
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Capital Market Snapshot
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Sea Transportation Industry Statistics
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S 1-year Stock Charts
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S 5-year Stock Charts
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?